PDA

View Full Version : 66 BB defence / [fold] proper or not?

Akimka
04-15-2005, 08:27 AM
Villain is VPIP 13, PFR 6.7, postflop 1.5/1/0 (30 hands)

would you play it any different?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4.66 BB

Piiop
04-15-2005, 08:28 AM
Looks good.

mannika
04-15-2005, 08:34 AM
I really hate these situations with low PP against a possible steal. I generally don't like the 3-bet preflop because you are not only playing OOP for the rest of the hand, but are in a situation where your hand is not likely to improve (so you never really know where you are at).

I would probably 3-bet against someone I know will laydown a hand on the flop if they miss, but you don't really have enough hands on the villain to determine this.

Given your preflop 3-bet, I like the bet/fold line though. Unless your opponent is tricky, he's not raising this without a Q or J. However, what would your line have been on the turn if the villain calls the flop? I find it's very easy to spew chips in HU situations like this OOP, so you have to be careful not to let a Q or J cost you too much money.