PDA

View Full Version : Trying to up the PFR leads to a sticky situation

phillydilly
04-15-2005, 07:47 AM
Ok, i'm trying to work on raising more preflop, specifically with good position, a decent number of limpers, and hands that play well in multiplayer pots. Is this a good hand and spot to put a raise in?

Flop hits pretty good for me, i raise because i may have the best hand, as well as having several outs if i dont

Turn i hit, but he likes his hand also, obviously, either a flush or we split the striaght, i think i go to call down mode here, or is a 3 bet a strong enough indication of a flush to let it go?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.75 BB

Gob_Bluth
04-15-2005, 07:52 AM
I'd call down- this will be a split most of the time, and flush losses would be compensated by the times that villain is overplaying top two pair or even trips.

chief444
04-15-2005, 07:56 AM
Preflop raise is good. Flop raise seems good. Calling the turn and river or betting the river if checked to would be fine here.

w_alloy
04-15-2005, 08:05 AM
I agree, pretty solid on every street. I think you are definantly getting odds to call down even though there is a good chance he has the flush.

You could have just called preflop but i think its fine either way.

marching_on_together
04-15-2005, 08:25 AM
i prefer just calling the flop, i don't think the raise works as a free card play often enogth and it's not clear whether you even want to take one here. Not all your outs here are good and some may well end up with a split pot. Id call see what the turn card brings and not risk getting 3-bet

Yads
04-15-2005, 11:10 AM
I'm not sure about this hand. He's leading into a PF and Flop raiser, with one card to a straight and 3 to a flush on the board. You're either drawing dead or likely splitting the pot. I either call it down or dump it to the 3 bet if I have a read.

meep_42
04-15-2005, 12:15 PM
Call the turn. It's heads up, likely a split or you losing. He could be freerolling you, too.

There's no value in a raise here. If he's bluffing or betting 2-pair, let him -- it's just much more likely that you're playing for half the pot with a good chance of getting none at all.

-d