PDA

View Full Version : AQ - 2 pr on flop, but straight and flush board

TomBrooks
04-15-2005, 05:52 AM
BB is 91/47 over 68 hands. WTSD/W$SD 43/38 I beat this villian with won a couple of pots he played to the river with me near the very beginning of the session but I haven't gotten into a heads up with him in about 55 hands so he might have forgotten that and not have any great respect for my raises. I've been reading the forum etc, not paying attention to the table, and don't have a feel if BB is a bluffer.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, I was pretty sure I was beat but I figure to pop it as a test and fold to a raise <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

After the hand I wasn't sure if I did gOOt. It probably would have cost me the same to call and call the river, so now I think I might as well have done that. Would anyone fold outright to the turn bet?

ArturiusX
04-15-2005, 05:55 AM
I might consider waiting for the turn here.

You have a strong hand, true, but its very very vulnerable. A card like K /images/graemlins/spade.gif ruins you.

Call the flop raise (SHOCK HORROR NO AGGRESSION /images/graemlins/cool.gif) and raise the blank. Now when the K /images/graemlins/spade.gif comes you can fold (or call if you've got the odds for a boat), and reassess your play.

Less committment, but just as much sugar.

jaxUp
04-15-2005, 05:55 AM
Against this donk I'm getting to a SD here.

dozer
04-15-2005, 05:56 AM
I think you should call down,the pot is big and you still have outs to improve to a full house. Especially with your read on villain.

DeathbySuckout
04-15-2005, 05:57 AM
Looks good to me. I would've played it the same way.

dozer
04-15-2005, 06:02 AM
(forgot to mention this)
calling down cost you 2 BB, raising and folding to a 3-bet also costs 2 BB. I would rather show this hand down and know what villain had then fold to a 3-bet.

NAU_Player
04-15-2005, 06:02 AM
grunching

[ QUOTE ]
I think I might as well have done that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. If you are going to put more in the pot, and can reasonably assume that he is going to raise you, then call the turn and punish him when you river a boat (you know how to do that, right?)

cnfuzzd
04-15-2005, 06:04 AM
you have a decision on the turn between two options, and you are considering weather villian is bluffing.

Option 1) Call the turn, call the river. Cost you two bets regardless of when you are ahead or behind. If you are behind on the turn, you get the chance to suck out with the boat. You also see your opps cards.

option 2)Raise the turn, and fold to the raise. A raise
made by a super aggressive player who is perfect capable of playing any two cards and aggressive enough to possibly be bluff-3betting. Costs you two bets, but you never pick of a bluff, and you never occasionally suck out.

CO seems to be a non-factor, so you decide.

peace

john nickle

TomBrooks
04-15-2005, 06:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
or call if you've got the odds for a boat

[/ QUOTE ]
I was so focused on the straight and flush possibilities, that I completely forgot about the chance for a boat. I can't believe it. I didn't even see when I was reviewing it. I have some blockage with seeing boat draws. The correct action then is to call the turn and hope for a boat. Against this guy, I would probably call the river too, just in case.

jaxUp
04-15-2005, 06:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
or call if you've got the odds for a boat

[/ QUOTE ]
I was so focused on the straight and flush possibilities, that I completely forgot about the chance for a boat. I can't believe it. I didn't even see when I was reviewing it. I have some blockage with seeing boat draws. The correct action then is to call the turn and hope for a boat. Against this guy, I would probably call the river too, just in case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thinking, IMO

TomBrooks
04-15-2005, 07:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ArtX sed: <font color="blue">You have a strong hand, but its very very vulnerable. A card like K /images/graemlins/spade.gif ruins you. Call the flop bet and raise a blank on the turn. Less committment, but just as much sugar.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
This doesn't sound like a bad idea on this board, ArtX. No one else mentioned this point, but maybe that was because my dumbass turn play was the bigger error.

<font color="red">Anyone else like a flop call?</font>

@bsolute_luck
04-15-2005, 08:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ArtX sed: <font color="blue">You have a strong hand, but its very very vulnerable. A card like K /images/graemlins/spade.gif ruins you. Call the flop bet and raise a blank on the turn. Less committment, but just as much sugar.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
This doesn't sound like a bad idea on this board, ArtX. No one else mentioned this point, but maybe that was because my dumbass turn play was the bigger error.

<font color="red">Anyone else like a flop call?</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

as i play now, i would have clicked that raise button for sure, but i'm trying to learn. the board is very coordinated, so anyone with any hand that got some of this flop is staying in (straight, flush, draws). so we really don't want to face the field to cold call 2 when they're only folding worse hands that we want to stay in.

the problem (IMHO) is when that K comes. granted BB MAY be bluffing, but by calling the flop, you don't know where you stand with the others behind you on the turn.

given the bluffing factor and full house, i'd call down.

CourtesyFlush
04-15-2005, 09:24 AM
The raise turn/fold to reraise is not very good here because in doing so you give yourself very good odds to call for the full house. I would just call the turn because you have a chance to improve, and he could be betting a hand like KT or KQ that just improved.

ArturiusX
04-15-2005, 09:26 AM
Good part about this pot is, if he is bluffing, there will surely be a showdown, and we can take a note:

"Will take stab at pot on turn with nothing out of position".

That will yield us much more money in the long run.