PDA

View Full Version : KQo - Correct Fold Postflop?

Perseus
04-15-2005, 03:26 AM
No reads on aggressors

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, UTG+2 folds, CO calls.

River: (13 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, CO calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB

shant
04-15-2005, 03:30 AM
Why check the flop?

Demana
04-15-2005, 03:30 AM
You've got top pair, good kicker and you folded?????

Either bet out on the flop hoping UTG+1 will raise and make the field face two cold, or 3-bet that flop after checking.

Folding on the flop is criminal.

Perseus
04-15-2005, 03:35 AM
Whoops I meant to make a note that I checked planning to check-raise...

...but after the bet, cold call, and raise I figured there was no way my pair of Kings with not the best kicker could be good and I could very well be drawing to three queen outs.

shant
04-15-2005, 03:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know if check-raising is right here since the PFR is acting right after you.

Demana
04-15-2005, 03:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

...but after the bet, cold call, and raise I figured there was no way my pair of Kings with not the best kicker could be good and I could very well be drawing to three queen outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check raising is bad because there is a two flush on board, you're not drawing to the nuts, and you don't want to marry people to their hands. You're much better off betting out and hoping that the preflop raiser who is next to act will raise and knock people out.