PDA

View Full Version : The Office

two0crew
04-15-2005, 02:24 AM
Does anyone else find the Office inappropriate? I find the sexist and racist remarks horrible.

rmarotti
04-15-2005, 02:25 AM
Go away.

Eihli
04-15-2005, 02:25 AM
you havn't seen the british version of the office have you? download it via bit torrent or something. if you regret it i'll apologize.

[censored]
04-15-2005, 02:26 AM
No. Quit being a pussy.

Ianco15
04-15-2005, 02:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else find the Office inappropriate? I find the sexist and racist remarks horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]
No one here will agree with you.

jason_t
04-15-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't seen the American version, but the British version is f[/i]ucking genius and it is not inappropriate. Grow up.

jakethebake
With all the hype, I was convinced it would be overrated. I watched Season I in a day. I watched Season II the next. And I have a life. And I have far better feminist-positive, anti-heterosexist, racially-aware credentials than you.

PoBoy321
Go suck a dick.

Ianco15
04-15-2005, 02:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
With all the hype, I was convinced it would be overrated. I watched Season I in a day. I watched Season II the next. And I have a life. And I have far better feminist-positive, anti-heterosexist, racially-aware credentials than you.

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Chairman Wood
04-15-2005, 02:34 AM
Don't stay in OOT. It's not good for you.

blindu
04-15-2005, 02:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no. in fact, i think they're hilarious, and that the writer (steve carell) is absolutely brilliant.

stop whining.

[censored]
04-15-2005, 02:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't seen the American version, but the British version is f[/i]ucking genius and it is not inappropriate.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is nowhere near as good as the original. That being said it is still pretty good. Not great, but good like a 7.5/10 or something. The biggest difference is the manager is nowhere near as well played. Something how about Steve Carrell plays the character, makes him come across, well like a TV character rather than a that tool boss who wants to cool that everyone has had.

jason_t
04-15-2005, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no. in fact, i think they're hilarious, and that the writer (steve carell) is absolutely brilliant.

stop whining.

[/ QUOTE ]

He did the American version? That's awesome. Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant were brilliant for the British version.

Fabian
04-15-2005, 02:44 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />
you havn't seen the british version of the office have you? download it via bit torrent or something. if you regret it i'll apologize.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's an american version? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

blindu
04-15-2005, 02:45 AM
yeah, the british version is far superior, as they are with most other shows that are brought over (trigger happy tv) but ther american one is still really funny. steve carrell and the rest of the daily show guys are very funny.

JTrout
04-15-2005, 09:14 AM
I enjoyed the line in last week's show that went something like:

"I suggested we flip a coin. But Carol(?) said she didn't like to gamble.
She didn't realize that when she said this to me she was gambling that I wouldn't hit her." /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

meep_42
04-15-2005, 11:08 AM
I've tried watching it, but the American version just isn't funny.

I haven't seen the original.

-d

BWebb
04-15-2005, 11:18 AM
It is impossible for me to watch the American version because I look at the American characters as trying to BE Gareth or David Brent, etc. Maybe I'll get over it, but I doubt it.

gamblore99
04-15-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

She didn't realize that when she said this to me she was gambling that I wouldn't hit her." /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you had to have been there for it...

Wes ManTooth
04-15-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Growing up did you take the short bus to school?

PanchoVilla
04-15-2005, 01:59 PM
I am kinda up in the air so far. A lot of parts of the show are hilarious. The two best characters in my book are Dwight and the dude that is always talking to Pam. The last two episodes were great. The whole part about making up all the diseases was hilarous. The one part I don't like is Steve. It just seems like he is totally over-acting. I think he is a funny guy, but he is way too over the top. The other characters seem more realistic but he just totally ruins the "documentary" type feel of the show. Hopefully he can tone it down. Right now I put up with him to watch the other people. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pancho

SossMan
04-15-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah, the british version is far superior, as they are with most other shows that are brought over (trigger happy tv) but ther american one is still really funny. steve carrell and the rest of the daily show guys are very funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

trigger happy TV was the brittish version...at least if you are talking about the comedy central broadcast.

Pocket Trips
04-15-2005, 02:02 PM
That was funny as hell

Bulldog
04-15-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It is impossible for me to watch the American version because I look at the American characters as trying to BE Gareth or David Brent, etc. Maybe I'll get over it, but I doubt it.

[/ QUOTE ]

GARETH KEENAN INVESTIGATES!

Chiron
04-15-2005, 04:55 PM
It's a shame that they didn't just air the British version over here... You'd think they would learn from their mistakes! **COUGH** COUPLING **COUGH**

But yes, brilliant.

TimTimSalabim
04-15-2005, 05:04 PM
At least they're not using the exact same scripts as in Coupling. If I can just get over the fact that Dwight is not Gareth and never will be, I might start to enjoy the US version.

JMP300z
04-15-2005, 05:15 PM
Was going to post this exact quote when i opened the thread...im still laughing from that.

[ QUOTE ]

She didn't realize that when she said this to me she was gambling that I wouldn't hit her."

[/ QUOTE ]

Uglyowl
04-15-2005, 08:04 PM
Diversity Day was the funniest episode of any show I have seen in a very long time.

The others were just pretty good.