PDA

View Full Version : 85s

Trix
04-15-2005, 01:54 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, intending to call down...

Button is loose-aggro and likes to bluff.
other guy was new.

I would like comments on all choices after the flop.

Victor
04-15-2005, 02:22 AM
i like fastplaying monsters on the flop especially from the blinds and espcecially if there are many draws out there. the reason is people tend to go many bets on the flop with draws or top pair. also, when everyone limps in there hand range is much less defined (i.e. not always high cards) so their likelihood of getting a piece or a large chunk of some random flop like this one is higher.

so, what im saying is, with these situations there is a good chance opps will overplay their hands ont this flop.

the turn card sucks, but given your description of the button you gotta call down. it would take a very good read of any opponent to fold here for me (or is this a routine fold against some).

so, maybe your question is whether or not to 3bet. it seems that 3betting is needless chipspewing on a board where your hand, although very strong, is still 3rd tier. you will always get stung for more bets when behind.

mperich
If you think ur read is reliable, checkraise a non spade non board pairing river. He could easily play a 7 like this, or a bluff, which you maximize with a river c/r.

-Mike

balkii
really odd turn play there trix. you say the button is loose and likes to bluff.

i think i would have gone with the default play of raising the first bet on the turn...not sure why you didnt. given that i think a turn 3-bet seems like an option, button could have a wid range of hands here, no?

twankerr
04-15-2005, 02:34 AM
raise the turn, only so that the dude with A7 (A/images/graemlins/spade.gif) has to pay you more if he misses.

MicroBob
04-15-2005, 02:43 AM
I agree....it's more likely button, IF genuine, has a 7....or has something less and is HOPING you think he has a 7 (since you said he is a bluffer)...and it isn't as likely that he has spades I think.

I raise the flop and raise the turn.
There are enough draws out there that you wouldn't mind getting rid of.

I'm a self-proclaimed chip-spewer though.....but I think there is too many draws on the flop to warrant pushing it fast....and I think the chances that you're behind on the turn is not great enough for you to slow-down....and you still want to charge those draws.

Interesting hand.

cartman
04-15-2005, 02:51 AM
I definitely raise the turn. It is possible the SB has you beat, but regardless your hand is VERY vulerable if it is best. I think it is important to face the rest of the field with 2 cold to drive out some lone spades or 8's or T's or J's or 6's or 9's. There are a ton of river cards that will make you sick. The way you played it I agree with calling the turn, but I would bet out on the river if SB checks. I would hate to check and then have the button check behind because he was just bluffing when he raised the turn.

Cartman

Trix
04-17-2005, 11:04 AM
Yep, [censored] this hand up pretty hard, agree with what balkii said.

SB hand a 7 and button checked through Kx on the river, dont think he had a spade.