PDA

View Full Version : Blind play - bigger pots

Perseus
04-15-2005, 01:50 AM
I am having lots of trouble with blind play.

Situation 1.
BB with 96s three people limp, button raises, SB folds...I....

Same situation with A3o

Same situation with K5s

Right now I go fold call call

mtdoak
04-15-2005, 02:06 AM
Depends alot on the Button. If he's a more passive player, its an easy fold with all those hands. If it becomes a pattern, go with A3o and defend. With Passive players, you should at least have some semblance of a hand as they will call down with any piece. Against agressive players, you should pick a spot to defend with. I'd actually prefer 96s vs a TAG because it shows him (and any other TAGs at the table) that your not going to get run over in your blind no matter what your cards are. The best blind defense is to, i've found, is to either bet out any flop, or C/R the flop or turn. 3 betting the flop rarely doesn't do much good as they will suspect its a resteal. Resteals are best when they don't realize its a resteal and gives up. You don't need to showdown your hand (though I rarely muck any pair when i'm pretty sure he's on a blind steal), just get it into the players head that its not going to be easy to steal your blinds. I've gotten very good at the blind resteal, and if you pull it off well, you shouldn't face many more problems from that player and in the upcoming hands, you can respect his blind steal raise more.

JDErickson
04-15-2005, 02:11 AM
I don't think you can call it defending with 3 limpers before the raiser.

Personally I'm calling the 2 suited hands and folding A3 here.

MagicFlea
04-15-2005, 02:37 AM
I'll fold all these unless at least two of the limpers are pretty big fish