PDA

View Full Version : Really dumb questions, that you still want to ask...

pshreck
04-15-2005, 01:35 AM
I have these all the time, and I want to ask one now, so instead of looking like a complete moron Ill disguise it in this clever thread.

If you don't use deodorant in the morning (meaning under your arms) are you more likely to have a sweaty back during that day?

Thank you.

ThaSaltCracka
04-15-2005, 01:36 AM
no, most likely you have hair on your back, thus you sweat there.

peachy
04-15-2005, 01:37 AM
no...it has nothing to do with that

pshreck
04-15-2005, 01:38 AM
well the question spawns from the fact that I didnt put on deodorant this morning as I was in a rush to get to a test, and its literally the first morning in maybe months (years) that I can remember not putting some on.

And my back got really sweaty really quickly, which never happens to me.

And I dont have any hair ony back, fortunately /images/graemlins/smile.gif

nothumb
04-15-2005, 01:39 AM
Deodorant doesn't even stop you from sweating. Anti-perspirant does. Deodorant just kills bacteria that cause odor.

NT

ThaSaltCracka
04-15-2005, 01:39 AM
perhaps someone dumped a glass of water down the back of your shirt and you didn't notice?

pshreck
04-15-2005, 01:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
perhaps someone dumped a glass of water down the back of your shirt and you didn't notice?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, it seriously felt like that.

It was soaked. But I think it was just sweat.

Victor
04-15-2005, 01:51 AM
actually antipersperant makes me sweat. i think it clogs my pores and makes my underarms overheat. with deodorant, however, i am good to go.

Happy Hour
04-15-2005, 02:02 AM
I've got one.

Do you use the same washcloth to wash your ass as you do your face? I don't, but I don't think too many people have two washcloths. So what's the procedure for you guys? I think about this too much.

AlienCorpse
04-15-2005, 02:04 AM
You wash your ass with a washcloth?

pshreck
04-15-2005, 02:05 AM
You definetly just dont use the wash cloth on your ass, or atleast not between the cheeks.

DireWolf
04-15-2005, 02:59 AM
Do many people shave their balls? is that normal?

The Stranger
04-15-2005, 03:10 AM
who closes the door when the bus driver gets off?

Bill Murphy
04-15-2005, 03:10 AM
Mine is: Does the commentary track on a DVD play over the main feature's dialogue; completely replace the feature's audio; or has an entirely different video, e.g. shows the commentators watching the main feature?

augie00
04-15-2005, 03:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh [censored], I'm stoned right now, and that just blew my mind

HesseJam
04-15-2005, 06:02 AM
I also have one (though there seems to be a prob with getting answers here):

In the Nineties I lived 3 in the U.S. I stumbled many times over the term ACME or A.C.M.E in comics (Gary Larson, for instance). "ACME" seems to be used to depict stores or companies as more or less average, non-descript, no-branded enterprises. Where does this term come from? Does it mean anything spelled out? For the life of it I couldn't find anything about this on the net.

HesseJam
04-15-2005, 06:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a switch outside the bus. You need a key to operate the switch.

HesseJam
04-15-2005, 06:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've got one.

Do you use the same washcloth to wash your ass as you do your face? I don't, but I don't think too many people have two washcloths. So what's the procedure for you guys? I think about this too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not use a washcloth. I use the towel for the whole body but finish with the ass. I use the towel only once. However, Wally's (from Dilbert) comment on that topic made me think. "I always use the same towel and never wash it. Once i come out of the shower, I'll be the cleanest thing in the house. So, why should I ever wash it?"

I think he has a point there, doesn't he?

HesseJam
04-15-2005, 06:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Mine is: Does the commentary track on a DVD play over the main feature's dialogue; completely replace the feature's audio; or has an entirely different video, e.g. shows the commentators watching the main feature?

[/ QUOTE ]

same video

istewart
04-15-2005, 06:22 AM
What's the deal with cancer?

jakethebake
04-15-2005, 06:24 AM
Why the [censored] would I want to have my cake other than to eat it, and why can I guarantee beyond a [censored] doubt that whoever finds this, or the comments immediately above it, remotely humorous is wholly lost to fucktarddom.

HesseJam
04-15-2005, 07:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why the [censored] would I want to have my cake other than to eat it, and why can I guarantee beyond a [censored] doubt that whoever finds this, or the comments immediately above it, remotely humorous is wholly lost to fucktarddom.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I never got that cake thing either.

Pinga
04-15-2005, 07:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"ACME" seems to be used to depict stores or companies as more or less average, non-descript, no-branded enterprises. Where does this term come from? Does it mean anything spelled out? For the life of it I couldn't find anything about this on the net.

[/ QUOTE ]

The name Acme is one of those brands
Geared to shoppers' peculiar demands.
If you trust those cartoons
On TV afternoons,
They make anvils and huge rubber bands.
source (http://www.oedilf.com/db/Lim.php?Word=acme)

but I can tell you that "acme" is not an acronym. It comes from the Greek word "akme," meaning "highest point or summit." Many companies used to name themselves "Acme Widgets" or the like as a means to ensure that they would appear near the beginning of any alphabetical listing. Eventually, so many companies tried this trick that "Acme" in a corporate name came to be regarded as a bit of a joke and was replaced by more dignified names, such as "Burger King" and "Toys R Us." So much for progress.
source (http://www.word-detective.com/back-e.html)

Here's the search (http://www.google.com/search?q=origin+word+acme) I used.

HesseJam
04-15-2005, 07:28 AM
U da man! The origin+word+" " approach is nifty!

InchoateHand
04-15-2005, 09:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who does this? I don't even use one wash cloth. I lather may face up with soap and rinse it off. Why does anyone use a washcloth on their face?

Duke
04-15-2005, 09:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who does this? I don't even use one wash cloth. I lather may face up with soap and rinse it off. Why does anyone use a washcloth on their face?

[/ QUOTE ]

To clean it.

~D

InchoateHand
04-15-2005, 09:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To clean it. ~D

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly is on your face that won't come off with soap and your hands? Why do you need to scrub?

Raiser
04-15-2005, 11:18 AM
not sure if we are actually supposed to answer these questions, but i know that bus doors can be closed from the outside. i worked in a bus factory for 4 summers and my job was to adjust the doors /images/graemlins/smirk.gif good times.

astroglide
04-15-2005, 11:30 AM
washcloths aren't necessary with liquid soap

zaxx19
04-15-2005, 11:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I only use a washcloth with liquid soap...

And I dont use soap at all to wash my face....Neutrogena Deep Clean..its amazing.

Who the hell uses soap on their face? I mean daily, not like stuck in a Hotel room situation.

moondogg
04-15-2005, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Who the hell uses soap on their face? I mean daily, not like stuck in a Hotel room situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do. So do most guys I know.

zaxx19
04-15-2005, 11:56 AM
You shouldn't, and most guys I know dont.

It dries your face out- and I basically split time between Chicago and Montreal- my skin already gets dried out.

F.Y.I. Im not any sort of metero sexual(a couple of my friends are probably borderline) I never use moisturized and rarely ever put on cologne.

InchoateHand
04-15-2005, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Neutrogena Deep Clean..its amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's amazing, and is also soap. You put it on your skin to clean it so it's soap. Soap doesn't have to come in a bar. I use some kind of "Daily Face Wash" stuff but it's still soap. My question was why you need the washcloth? My face comes plenty clean with the soap without scrubbing on it with a washcloth. I'm just asking. Is this just something you grew up doing?

astroglide
04-15-2005, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

heterosexual men