PDA

View Full Version : AKo vs Laggy TAG

JDErickson
04-15-2005, 01:34 AM
Oppnent here 28/20/3.8 over 66 hands

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (10.66 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 11.66 BB

Comments?

Trix
04-15-2005, 01:42 AM
cap preflop against this guy.

Think I prefer to bet out on the flop as he probably wont give me credit for a hand. IŽll 3bet if he raises.

If he calls and raises turn, then 3bet there.

Buck_65
04-15-2005, 01:44 AM
Isn't laggy TAG an oxymoron? I want to be loose-tight someday.

Pokey
04-15-2005, 01:44 AM
If you check/call this flop, I think you've got to check-raise the turn.

If you plan to lead on the turn, I think you've got to check-raise the flop.

I just think there's a bet missing somewhere. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bad luck on the third diamond on the river. With a less scary blank, MP2 calls his pair or raises his KT. He doesn't have you beaten, and it would be nice to squeeze another bet out. Oh well...it can't be avoided.

JDErickson
04-15-2005, 01:49 AM
ok, this was my thinking. I should have put it in the post.

I have a very tight agressive image at the table. I have been showing down good hands and winning.

I though about CR'ing the flop or the turn but I was afraid it would give my hand away.

I thought I would try and mix it up a little. Not sure if this was the way to do it though.

StellarWind
04-15-2005, 03:49 AM
Easy preflop cap versus this opponent.

Playing monsters fast is usually best against aggressive opponents. Bet the flop or checkraise the flop.

I'm not really in favor of checkraising the turn. Too likely he has 3rd or 4th pair. You cannot count on him betting a hand like 88 with AK on board.

With only 66 hands observed you need to consider that he may be a normal TAG who got a few extra hands. He has raised 11 times preflop instead of the approximately 8 that a normal TAG would *average*. That really doesn't mean much. Of course a rush of nice starting hands will often pump up his postflop aggression too.

Nick Royale
04-15-2005, 04:13 AM
Cap preflop...

w_alloy
04-15-2005, 05:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you check/call this flop, I think you've got to check-raise the turn.

If you plan to lead on the turn, I think you've got to check-raise the flop.

I just think there's a bet missing somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally I agree, but in this case it gained hero and extra bet. His plan to "mix it up" appears to have confused villian into raing the turn gaining hero (assuming this didnt effect his river play, but i dont think you can help that) an extra bet.

I think against smarter tag types you can sometimes make variation plays like this and it works out for the best. Sometimes I forget that in the automatic monotony of multi-tabling observant opponents can too easily figure out betting patterns, and its sometimes best to confuse them.

Usually though (96%?), one of the quoted lines are best.

sfer
04-15-2005, 10:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not. Creating the illusion of giving excess action is a skill that is pretty underrated against tough players.

chesspain
04-15-2005, 10:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have a very tight agressive image at the table. I have been showing down good hands and winning.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always chuckle when I read something like this. I don't assume I have a TAG image recognized by the table unless someone says "Man, you don't play many hands and when you do you raise" and then others say (or type) "Yup."

Pokey
04-15-2005, 10:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I always chuckle when I read something like this. I don't assume I have a TAG image recognized by the table unless someone says "Man, you don't play many hands and when you do you raise" and then others say (or type) "Yup."

[/ QUOTE ]

While it's probably excessive to say anybody has much of a "table image" at a 3/6 table, I think it's fair to say that MP2 is perceptive enough to have a "table image" of hero. Since MP2 is the whole field on the flop, hero's "table image" suddenly becomes relevant, unlike in 98% of hands at a low stakes Party Poker table.

Buck_65
04-15-2005, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not. Creating the illusion of giving excess action is a skill that is pretty underrated against tough players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good point. I was just being an ass. This is my favorite tactic to employ in live play when I suspect I'm being watched carefully, and it has been extremely profitable. Good call on that one.

Chris Daddy Cool
04-15-2005, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

who do you know that does this well?

sfer
04-15-2005, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] It's not. Creating the illusion of giving excess action is a skill that is pretty underrated against tough players.

[/ QUOTE ] who do you know that does this well?

[/ QUOTE ]

Evan

Chris Daddy Cool
04-15-2005, 12:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Evan

[/ QUOTE ]

but he's a nit.

sfer
04-15-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but he's short.