PDA

View Full Version : I don't like 99

Perseus
04-15-2005, 01:31 AM
Yay? Nay?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, SB folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6 BB

rmarotti
04-15-2005, 01:32 AM
I'm not sure I want to 3-bet 99 OOP against an MP raiser.

jason_t
04-15-2005, 01:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure that I don't want to.

Perseus
04-15-2005, 01:36 AM
Raise though against MP limper correct?

jason_t
04-15-2005, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

rmarotti
04-15-2005, 01:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen to jason_t. He is /images/graemlins/heart.gifable.

i_hate_jason_t
04-15-2005, 01:48 AM

jason_t
04-15-2005, 01:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen to jason_t. He is /images/graemlins/heart.gifable.

[/ QUOTE ]

No he isn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, would you just respond to my PM so we can get this a[/i]ss beating over with? If you have a problem with me, it should have been taken up privately. Don't pis[/i]s on other people's threads.

rmarotti
04-15-2005, 01:52 AM
I will kick your a[/i]ss across the country if you keep this sh[/i]it up. PM me you dastardly motherf[/i]ucker!

Perseus
04-15-2005, 01:54 AM
Yeah! Stop pissing on my thread!

Pokey
04-15-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For a different approach to this question, see the fascinating discussion here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=2156635&amp;page=0&amp;view=colla psed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1#Post2158776) about 88 facing a UTG raise from a TAG. I think the main reason not to make this three is not that your 99 is too weak but that SB has already cold-called. If we've got this 99 in the small blind with all folds, MP raising, and BB yet to act, three-betting this is a terrific choice. Since we can't isolate and go heads-up, calling for the flop seems like a good choice, although I still think that raising this hand for value isn't an unreasonable choice.

Felipe
04-15-2005, 02:05 AM
blindpost:

FOLD

rmarotti
04-15-2005, 02:06 AM
sightpost:

RETARDED

Felipe
04-15-2005, 02:11 AM
curious:

what's your problem?

jason_t
04-15-2005, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
curious:

what's your problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

Allow me. You gave retarded advice.

Is this why I am hated?

Buck_65
04-15-2005, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
curious:

what's your problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this why I am hated?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does everyone have to be a dick about everything? I thought this forum was about helping each other. I agree that folding here would be absolutely horrible, but it isn't cause for personal attacks.

If someone is wrong, do you have to take it so personally that you make a wild allegation about one's IQ? I know the answer to this is yes, so don't bother responding.

jason_t
04-15-2005, 02:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
curious:

what's your problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this why I am hated?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does everyone have to be a dick about everything? I thought this forum was about helping each other. I agree that folding here would be absolutely horrible, but it isn't cause for personal attacks.

If someone is wrong, do you have to take it so personally that you make a wild allegation about one's IQ? I know the answer to this is yes, so don't bother responding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said his advice is retarded and I did not call him a retard nor insult his IQ. There's a difference, and it's an important one.

Felipe
04-15-2005, 02:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
curious:

what's your problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this why I am hated?

[/ QUOTE ]

look. it was a blindpost. I didn't read any of the replies before i wrote my response. I've learned alot, but I have only learned anything from the kind people that have good and positive things to say. Those that put others down, fill other posters' posts with arguments and junk are wasting everybody's time. Often people are hurt when rude and arrogant remarks are thrown around. Hiding behind the anonymous saftey of the internet is no reason to be aggressive and rude. I gave improper advice. Lets just help each other out, and let's save the battles for the poker tables.

chesspain
04-15-2005, 02:43 AM
I think the flop fold is fine. When your opponent doesn't have a king, I think it is less likely that he is overplaying AQ/AJ (which still has six outs against you) and more likely that he is trying to push you off what he assumes is a better PP than his with his TT/JJ.

PassiveCaller
04-15-2005, 02:48 AM
99 doesn't like you either.

Buck_65
04-15-2005, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
curious:

what's your problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this why I am hated?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I said his advice is retarded and I did not call him a retard nor insult his IQ. There's a difference, and it's an important one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand there's a difference. You went out of your way to post that his advice is retarded, which qualifies as a Rude Thing nonetheless. I know you'll be quick to point out that he went out of his way to ask the question and you were so kind to answer him. Forget it, you win. Have your day and sieze it.

jason_t
04-15-2005, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
curious:

what's your problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this why I am hated?

[/ QUOTE ]

look. it was a blindpost. I didn't read any of the replies before i wrote my response. I've learned alot, but I have only learned anything from the kind people that have good and positive things to say. Those that put others down, fill other posters' posts with arguments and junk are wasting everybody's time. Often people are hurt when rude and arrogant remarks are thrown around. Hiding behind the anonymous saftey of the internet is no reason to be aggressive and rude. I gave improper advice. Lets just help each other out, and let's save the battles for the poker tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, your avatar is a little boy giving the middle finger. Chill.

That said, I am sorry that you took offense.

Felipe
[ QUOTE ]
Yay? Nay?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, SB folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

so what's the outcome?

Buck_65
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
curious:

what's your problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this why I am hated?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Felipe, you do realize hero was in the big blind, correct?

jason_t
04-15-2005, 02:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
blindpost:

FOLD

[/ QUOTE ]

This advice is not good. 99 is a premium hand and might even be best preflop here. There are a lot of flops that are good for 99. Also, we are ~7.5:1 to flop a set. We are getting immediate odds of 5:1. Together with implied odds, this is more than enough to see the flop.

jason_t
04-15-2005, 02:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
curious:

what's your problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this why I am hated?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand there's a difference. You went out of your way to post that his advice is retarded, which qualifies as a Rude Thing nonetheless. I know you'll be quick to point out that he went out of his way to ask the question and you were so kind to answer him. Forget it, you win. Have your day and sieze it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sigh.

Buck_65
04-15-2005, 02:58 AM
I'm sorry.

I really am.

I can tell you had no intentions of beginning something like this. It isn't your fault, but I'm sure you know that. It's the collective fault of the recent influx of rude, empty comments being posted in these forums. I like you, Jason. You're a positive contributor and I hope you accept my apology.

chesspain
04-15-2005, 03:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
blindpost:

FOLD

[/ QUOTE ]

This advice is not good. 99 is a premium hand and might even be best preflop here. There are a lot of flops that are good for 99. Also, we are ~7.5:1 to flop a set. We are getting immediate odds of 5:1. Together with implied odds, this is more than enough to see the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assumed that the response "Fold" referred to the flop, and not to the preflop decision.

Buck_65
04-15-2005, 03:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
blindpost:

FOLD

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I assumed that the response "Fold" referred to the flop, and not to the preflop decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

My first instinct was that Felipe skimmed the hand and didn't realize hero was in the big blind. Maybe we're both wrong.

jason_t
04-15-2005, 03:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry.

I really am.

I can tell you had no intentions of beginning something like this. It isn't your fault, but I'm sure you know that. It's the collective fault of the recent influx of rude, empty comments being posted in these forums. I like you, Jason. You're a positive contributor and I hope you accept my apology.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I do. I have but one enemy (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showprofile.php?Cat=&amp;User=32767&amp;Number=2158743&amp;Boa rd=smallholdem&amp;what=showflat&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;f part=1&amp;vc=1).

RolldUp
04-15-2005, 03:55 AM
lol, are u trying to live up to his comment?