PDA

View Full Version : Is this a safe fold

Willluck
04-15-2005, 01:16 AM
No reads sorry
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, BB calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB
also is this usually a raise on this flop

mr pink
04-15-2005, 01:24 AM
a read would make this a lot easier.

my usual line in these situations is to get to a showdown as cheap as possible b/c you just don't know where you're at. so... my line is usually to raise the flop, bet the turn and check behind on the river - 2bbs to a SD.

it also gives him a chance to fold something that is drawing pretty live against you on the turn, if you happen to be ahead.

only problem is that sometimes they don't cooperate and SnG you like he did here, or you fall victim to the check/raise. personally i think the check/raise is the easier fold but i usually dump it to the stop and go as well.

what was your table image like when this went down? cause if you had been taking a lot of free cards, that could have caused the stop and go.

Azhrarn
04-15-2005, 02:47 AM
The flop raise is good.

The turn... Well, he's either trying to avoid giving a free card with what he thinks is the best hand or trying to force you out with a draw. I'm inclined to be suspicious when they bet out on a semi-scare card on the turn like in this hand. I see that a lot with a draw or just a mediocre two-pair.

On the other hand, the pot is smallish. I suspect it's marginal however you play it, but I like raising the turn intending to check behind on the river here.

me454555
04-15-2005, 03:07 AM
folding is good here, what range of hands do you put him on that woudl make you want to call

Pokey
04-15-2005, 03:19 AM
If you're more than 2/3 sure he has you beaten, you can fold this turn. I'm not that sure, though.

He didn't reraise the flop; that tells me he likely doesn't have the K.

Many hands raise the turn, including two clubs, most pocket pairs, and the hands that beat you (Kxs, loose 3). Assuming he bets the river, too, you've got 7.25:2 odds with a reasonable chance your hand is good and some outs if you're not.

As so many wiser folks have said before me, "without a read, I call this one down." We're in way ahead / way behind mode here, and I just can't say which applies, but the payoff is good enough to make me see the river for $8.