PDA

View Full Version : 50+5, 5 handed play (with flop goodness!)

wuwei
04-15-2005, 01:15 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t6205)
SB (t780)
Hero (t1320)
UTG (t330)
MP (t1365)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls t100, SB completes, Hero checks.

Anyone feel like pushing here? The button's limp means he was dealt two cards, nothing more. He hasn't really shown a willingness to call raises with any 2 though...

Flop: (t300) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks...

What's the plan? Button has been limping to see every flop ever since we became 5 handed, and will usually fire a min bet at them when checked too. This usually takes it down.

wuwei
04-15-2005, 02:41 PM
Well, I thought this hand might be uninteresting, but figured I could use a checkup.

I check/folded the flop, even though I suspect I had the best hand. Even if I did, that board sure is coordinated in a scary way.

The reason I posted was to make sure I wasn't being weak/tight at a buyin that I'm not used to playing. Also, I think I occasionally tighten up too much when stack sizes are roughly what they are here. I want to believe it's easy to make the money and I don't need to play as aggressive as usual, but it's never as easy as I'd like...

Apathy
04-15-2005, 02:45 PM
Yes, yes very easy check fold. That draw is super scary and you can get taken off your hand easily by a draw.

johnny005
04-15-2005, 02:46 PM
I think at this point in the tourney you have to start being alittle more aggressive put him to the test if he is doing this al the time, % handed is the time that you want to start making some chips... If you have been playing very week tight up to this point Your raise or check raise here is going to get his attention, U have to go with your feeling at this point. Use your judgement and make a play or too I think by doing this you will bring up your % of 1sts when you get ITM.

beeyjay
04-15-2005, 03:09 PM
I at least consider pushing preflop here. Its hard for me to advise that just seeing this hand out of context but based on your comments about the huge stack it sounds pretty safe. They have to take into consideration that previous to this you probably have played very few hands and obviously showed down some winners and probably not shown any losers. Whether or not their actions reflect this is a whole other story but I find a push in this spot almost always takes down the pot.