PDA

View Full Version : Pizza or calzone?

Chaostracize
04-15-2005, 01:04 AM
Self-explanatory.

Chaostracize
04-15-2005, 01:05 AM
I have personally always been a calzone guy. I always fold my slices of pizza over so it resembles some kind of pizza sandwich, which is essentially what a calzone is.

"spaceman"Bryce
04-15-2005, 01:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have personally always been a calzone guy. I always fold my slices of pizza over so it resembles some kind of pizza sandwich, which is essentially what a calzone is.

[/ QUOTE ]O thats what a calzone is.lol ive never done that.

astroglide
04-15-2005, 01:13 AM
i love calzones but nobody seems to be able to cook them so that they are warm in the middle

Chaostracize
04-15-2005, 01:16 AM
Calzones are easy to screw up, because they can become bland really easily.

I personally had some horrible pizza last night. Thick crust, uncooked... horrible.

I had a calzone tonight and was amazed by how much I kind of hate pizza now.

Cool calzones aren't nearly as good as warm ones, I agree.

Calzones don't burn your mouth as often either. You know, generally.

peachy
04-15-2005, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i love calzones but nobody seems to be able to cook them so that they are warm in the middle

[/ QUOTE ]

mellow mushroom does

TimM
04-15-2005, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My parents used to own a restaurant that included pizza and calzones. They take a really long time to cook, especically when made from scratch as they did. Most places I see now pre-make and precook them, and you get a reheated calzone which is cooked on the outside and still cold inside.

astroglide
04-15-2005, 01:20 AM
i have much worse luck with fresh ones, the reheats are usually more consistent

[censored]
04-15-2005, 01:31 AM
The best calzone pwns the best pizza. That being said if you were to randomly select a calzone and pizza chances are the pizza would be better.

Chaostracize
04-15-2005, 01:33 AM
Dammit, I wish I could have said that.

Very true.

KDawgCometh
04-15-2005, 03:19 AM
a good calzone, mmmmm nothing better. I'm a Ham and pepperoni guy in my calzone

ethan
04-15-2005, 03:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The best calzone pwns the best pizza. That being said if you were to randomly select a calzone and pizza chances are the pizza would be better.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is mostly correct. I miss the days when Antonio's (Amherst, MA) made calzones. One of the very few places I've found that got the whole "calzone" thing right. Then again they got everything right, so I suppose it's not much of a surprise. I'm not entirely sure why they stopped making them, but it was a sad day. And then I went to college, and had to deal with the fact that even "good" California pizza sucks big fat hairy balls.

(I'll hope someone'll back me up on Antonio's, but if they don't in this thread the search function will. There was a "best pizza" thread where it was disproportionately favored.)