PDA

View Full Version : I'm either a moron or a genius...

suited_ace
04-15-2005, 12:46 AM
This is from a $10+1. 2 hands before this one I doubled up with AA vs. QQ. Given the PF action, I didn't think SB's move was a bluff. Anyway, I had already a very nice stack, so I didn't feel like taking any chances here.

Is this fold really bad?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t795)
UTG (t875)
UTG+1 (t860)
Hero (t1570)
MP2 (t770)
MP3 (t815)
CO (t755)
Button (t775)
SB (t785)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls t15, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t75</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to t135</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB goes all-in (775)</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero folds, MP3 folds.

TruFloridaGator
04-15-2005, 12:50 AM
Ugh...it may not have been a bluff, but you think he has AA?
Autoooocall

Elektrik
04-15-2005, 12:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm either a moron or a genius...

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is from a $10+1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that was an easy question....

Edited to add: Not that the buy in matters

Maulik
04-15-2005, 12:52 AM
you're probably neither.

edit: no, you should have called.

TruFloridaGator
04-15-2005, 12:53 AM
lol, there really is no justifying statement at the 11s /images/graemlins/grin.gif

TruFloridaGator
04-15-2005, 12:53 AM
Definately neither...temporary mind lapse, perhaps?

adanthar
04-15-2005, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this fold really bad?

[/ QUOTE ]yes

The Yugoslavian
04-15-2005, 01:05 AM
Moron.

Sorry....

Yugoslav
What is that damn coach teaching you?!?!?!!

suited_ace
04-15-2005, 01:10 AM
OK, moron it is. I don't have a problem with that.

So basically I'm pushing KK every single time here? What are the kind of hands that you think SB could be pushing with?

If I had 800 chips before starting the hand, I'd push in a heartbeat. Having the big stack I had, I thought it just wasn't worth the risk.

The Yugoslavian
04-15-2005, 01:14 AM
Your plan with KK should be to get all of your chips in preflop. If this isn't possible, you most likely should try to get them all in post flop. If again, this doesn't work out, put em all in on the turn!

Yugoslav

suited_ace
04-15-2005, 01:21 AM
He's trying his best, but only the Lord knows how bad I suck. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Adapting to Party Poker's structure has *really* screwed up my mind. I'm starting to get it all together just now, but as you can see, I still make some moronic moves here and there.

My main problem right now is not freaking out so much about my bankroll. I'm learning a lot of new things, and it's normal for me to take a step back before moving forward, but it's still hard to see your money going away and not freak out about it.

I've played 52 $10+1 so far, and I'm stuck $152 if I don't count rakeback and some profit in the $5+1, so it *is* pretty bad, but at the same time, a lot of people here will play 52 STTs a day, so I shouldn't be worrying so much. I think I'm finally back to "normal". I had some bad luck today, but bad luck set aside, I think I played well today (this hand is an exception), which is a first in a very long time.

OK, I'll stop rambling. Group therapy session is over.

citanul
04-15-2005, 01:24 AM
you remember that post from before about folding AA preflop. well, at the 10s, almost the same thing applies to kk. this preflop action fails to come close to scary enough to make folding kk correct.

TruFloridaGator
04-15-2005, 01:25 AM
Yeah, even when you're playing the 5s or 10s, even a few losses can make you feel bad about your roll, but you can't think about it like that. It's hard, but the more you stay away from a nervous mindset you play a lot better. My bubble play is 1000x better now that I don't think of 1 buy-in in relation to my roll.

adanthar
04-15-2005, 01:33 AM
The difference between AA and KK PF at a $10 Party SNG is that the kings have more colored pixels on them.

The difference between KK and QQ is about what it should normally be between AA and KK.

TruFloridaGator
04-15-2005, 01:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The difference between AA and KK PF at a $10 Party SNG is that the kings have more colored pixels on them.

The difference between KK and QQ is about what it should normally be between AA and KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

citanul
04-15-2005, 01:56 AM
you just like following me around being more eloquent than i am, dont you.

citanul

john_
04-15-2005, 01:57 AM
why would you be less inclined to throw your chips in here because you already doubled up?

citanul
04-15-2005, 02:03 AM
well now, that's a good question. i dunno. i didn't even consider to think that that could be the reason he folded, instead of the action ahead to him. this makes baby jesus cry.

citanul

john_
04-15-2005, 02:18 AM
Well he did make the comment "Anyway, I had already a very nice stack, so I didn't feel like taking any chances here."

So I figured it was involved in his decision making.

suited_ace
04-15-2005, 02:24 AM
b/c I know that with a stack like that I'll probably be in a comfortable position when the all-in fest starts, and that's all I want.

If I call him and win, I have 2520. If I call and lose, I'm back to about 800 chips. I'm still not very comfortable with the all-in fest, I still don't play it very well, so the edge of having 1500 chips this early is valuable to me.

My play is based on the fact that I'm still not comfortable playing the all-in fest.

apd138
04-15-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
b/c I know that with a stack like that I'll probably be in a comfortable position when the all-in fest starts, and that's all I want.

If I call him and win, I have 2520. If I call and lose, I'm back to about 800 chips. I'm still not very comfortable with the all-in fest, I still don't play it very well, so the edge of having 1500 chips this early is valuable to me.

My play is based on the fact that I'm still not comfortable playing the all-in fest.

[/ QUOTE ] If you are going to play this way because of factors later in the tourney, I either suggest you stop it or stop playing sit and go's. You will have the all in player dominated the majority of the time.

john_
04-15-2005, 02:39 AM
Your position &amp; chips can be gone in one hand any hand. Would you pitch AA in this spot because you don't want to "play the all-in fest". Your chips are going to go in the pot sometime, might as well throw them in when you're probably going to be a big favorite.

suited_ace
04-15-2005, 03:12 AM
Yeah, that's what I'm seeing *now*. Anyway, that's another lesson under the belt. Next time I'm pushing.

hansarnic
04-15-2005, 04:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that's what I'm seeing *now*. Anyway, that's another lesson under the belt. Next time I'm pushing.

[/ QUOTE ]

The bigger worry is that you're "not comfortable / don't enjoy the all-in fest".

This is what SnGs are all about and if you don't enjoy it, you'll struggle to master it. To get to grips with it, drop down in limits for a while and basically just go beserk when you get to Level 5. You'll soon get comfortable....

Good luck

suited_ace
04-15-2005, 09:24 AM
I'm just not comfortable. I do enjoy it, though. It's just a matter of time until I get it a little bit better.

GtrHtr
04-15-2005, 09:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Beautiful!

tomdemaine
04-15-2005, 09:49 AM
push push push push push,
push push push push push push push,
push twice on sundays.

prepotency
04-15-2005, 09:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What are the kind of hands that you think SB could be pushing with?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who who who the [censored] cares - you just doubled up on QQ, time to double up again

mackthefork
04-15-2005, 10:21 AM
I can see you are getting ripped up for arse paper here, so I'll step in to your defence, I think your action was weak but I would sure rather call this in a 50 or a 100 than a 10, those guys have no imagination and when they push it is AA a lot of the time. FWIW though I call here and lose half my stack 60%+ of the time, but its okay 2+2 1 table forum said its a good move. /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif I finally got to the stage where I no longer even consider folding KK preflop, you will get there too.

Regards Mack

prepotency
04-15-2005, 10:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

listen to yourself man - you're wayy too passive if this is how you play: "oh man, gotta horde these chips so that no one's all in can bust me in one hand" - rely on your strategy bro! don't just sandbag and bunker in for the eventual downfall