PDA

View Full Version : The PokerStars 11s

TruFloridaGator
04-15-2005, 12:39 AM
Heard a number of things as far as if they are harder than party or what not. I figure they are a bit harder, but now that I am used to playing the format, should I be switching back to Party? I read & post here everyday in response to both formats so I think I know my way around both to an extent(at least for the 11s). However, I am just now very comfortable with the format I am doing right now. I don't mind going through a bit of a re-learning curve, or should I pick a better spot to switch to party if ever?

TruFloridaGator
04-15-2005, 01:33 AM
Bump?

DasLeben
04-15-2005, 01:41 AM
Well, I'm not exactly sure what to tell you. What's your main goal here? If it's hourly rate, then I might suggest a switch back to Party. If it's pure profit, then go wherever your ROI takes you.

TruFloridaGator
04-15-2005, 01:44 AM
k thanks. Just profit right now. I figured I'd switch to party if I ever played more or went full out multitabling.

Blarg
04-15-2005, 01:47 AM
If you're winning, why change a thing?

You can always change with great success once you feel you're whipping the tar out of a level at one place, to help make the transition easier. For instance, if you develop a history of kicking the 22's at Pokerstars, then even though the structure change will be a little -EV for you at Party 11's while you're in your adjustment phase, your greater ability will help to make up for feeling disoriented or having to readjust your strategy.

I'm trying to think of a quick, pithy way of saying that, which could be thought of as a rule of thumb for people first trying new structures.

How about, Move up before moving over. Or, Move over after you move up. Or something. Anyway, you get my drift. It would be nice to have a sort of competency "cushion" when trying a new structure.

TruFloridaGator
04-15-2005, 01:51 AM
Yup, good post..thanks. Going to move up & then over