PDA

View Full Version : Taking a shot at 5/10

beta1607
04-14-2005, 11:28 PM
7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.5, Bring-In $2 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street

Hero: Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___completes
Seat 2: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 7: xx xx T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___brings-in___folds

4th Street

Hero: Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets
Seat 4: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls

5th Street

Hero: Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets
Seat 4: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___folds

6th Street

Hero: Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks
Seat 4: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks

River

Hero: Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___raises
Seat 4: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif xx___bets___calls

My question is on the river but comments on all streets are appreciated if you spot any mistakes. Is that a good river raise? If he three bets do I just call or cap?

TheShootah
04-14-2005, 11:47 PM
I like the river raise. Notice that the only real threat to your nut flush is a full house, but the way he just called it down and the fact that you had a Q and an A makes this very unlucky. He may have just had Aces up here, and bet on the river for value.

jon_1van
04-14-2005, 11:47 PM
you better raise that river

if he 3 bets I'd only call....I'll only cap against a super LAG

Andy B
04-15-2005, 12:19 AM
You played the whole hand about right. If he plays at all sensibly, you can only call the river. There are a few on-line players who do not play at all sensibly, though. I mean, you've got all those diamonds showing. He should know that you've made a flush when you raise. Some will doubt your sincerity, however. If he's an idiot, he may not think about your flush possibility, and you don't risk that much by re-raising, because he can't re-raise you.

BeerMoney
04-15-2005, 08:20 AM
You will have tougher, more confusing hands in the future.