PDA

View Full Version : from lower buyins to $55s...

Mr_J
04-14-2005, 10:17 PM
I think Degen made a thread about asking for tips (not the differences betwen $55-$109-$215 thread). Anyway I'm going to start playing $55s today and wouldn't mind some dicussion.

Here are my thoughts based off a small stab a few weeks ago:
-Larger stacks allow you to limp any PP.
-Postflop becomes more important thanks to the larger stacks.
-Need to be involved in more pots in early levels since bubble advantage is smaller.
-Need to be more aggressive in stealing.
-In early levels can complete SB with speculative hands?

Basically, you need to be involved more early on and need to be more aggressive? You need to exploit the more marginal situations since late game advantage isn't as great.

Comments??

ZebraAss
04-14-2005, 10:24 PM
- I used to never limp PP until citanul enlightened me. LIMP PP's
- Larger stack allows you to make plays at pots without shooting yourself in the foot.
- No you don’t need to be in more pots early on...
- Yea, steal a lot. It gets you chips + it is fun.
- Usher says don’t complete from SB with crap unless you plan to bluff if you miss.

Playing a lot of hands early on is a leak.

PS: I have to admit something... I am addicted to suited connectors in level 1. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Blarg
04-14-2005, 10:31 PM
Do you bluff with them when you miss? Just kidding, but that sounds contrary to your saying you don't need to be in a bunch of early pots, and your mention of what Usher says.

ZebraAss
04-14-2005, 10:37 PM
Not every time. But in the later stages limping 50 chips is aweful unless you have a backup plan if you miss. Realistically you cant bluff every time but there are times where it is easy to win the pot.

Mr_J
04-14-2005, 10:48 PM
"Usher says don’t complete from SB with crap unless you plan to bluff if you miss."

I don't mean crap. I pretty much never complete in lower buyins. Stuff like Axs, QJs etc is still a no-no?

"No you don’t need to be in more pots early on..."

Limping all PPs = more pots early on for me.

"Playing a lot of hands early on is a leak."

I don't mean playing too much, just add some (low-mid PP are most of the hands I'd add...the others are some speculative hands from the SB depending on how many limpers).