PDA

View Full Version : KQo in BB on the bubble

liucipher
04-14-2005, 09:57 PM
first post, so be kind. FYI, it's a $5+$1 so even idiots like me somehow grind out small amounts of money.

in retrospect, pushing back all-in on the bubble vs. the chip-leader was probably stupid. but fold or just flat call and hope to hit the flop?

in terms of rationale, what little was going through my head was that 1.) this guy had raised a few pots to double the blind earlier. everyone up until then had backed down, so i wasn't sure if he was just bullying or had hands he was comfortable calling all-ins with. 2.) for some reason i thought i had the best hand 3.) it was on the bubble so i thought if he had a small pocket pair he may fold it out of prudence

in general, my bubble play is terrible, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button (t1835)
SB (t2324)
<font color="#C00000">Hero (t1260)</font>
<font color="#C00000">UTG (t2581)</font>

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t400</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls t860.

Flop: (t1560) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (t1560) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t1560) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t1560

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Qc Kh (absolutely nothing).
UTG has Ah Qh (one pair, aces).
Outcome: UTG wins t1560. </font>