PDA

View Full Version : This hand is pretty bad I think...

TheDelChop
04-14-2005, 09:57 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Its fun to run ridicously bad.....

FishNChips
04-14-2005, 10:05 PM
I'm sure I'll be shown wrong later by better posters, but I can't find a problem here other than what is obviously a bad result (from your last comment).

preflop - unless this table won't let you steal ever I don't think there's anything wrong with the raise here. Standard

flop - can't like getting c/r here, but I'm betting that flop after I pf raise. the only thing I can think of is folding to the c/r, but you have enough outs to call getting 10:1 when its back to you.

turn - now you've got the flush draw to the 3rd nuts - CALL

river - you've made 2 pair, though its scary because flushes and straights get there... but its one more bet and you're going to be good more than once in 10 times so its an easy call to close the action.

sucks if you lost but the only place I see a fold is to the flop c/r and I can't convince myself to convince you thats the right play.

FishNChips

Catch of the Day
04-14-2005, 10:48 PM
I like it.

Catch-

KDawgCometh
04-14-2005, 10:51 PM
man, I'd be real tempted to raise that river, real tempted. could he have been cring you on a flush draw? maybe. could he have been a donk and CRed you with Q9, possibly. I'm still leaning towards raising that river

SmileyEH
04-14-2005, 10:54 PM
Raise the river, other than that looks good. Raising the river is not close, just calling here is leaving a lot of bets on the table.

-SmileyEH

Azhrarn
04-14-2005, 11:02 PM
Pre-flop and flop are standard.

Turn: I think this is a good spot for a turn raise, with a plan to check behind UI on the river. You may be ahead here, in which case you make draws pay extra. You also have some chance of folding a better jack. If you get 3-bet, you can fold the river UI.

River: Given you just called the turn, I don't see any point in raising or folding here. Your hand improved, but a lot of draws just came in.

MoreWineII
04-14-2005, 11:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Turn: I think this is a good spot for a turn raise, with a plan to check behind UI on the river. You may be ahead here, in which case you make draws pay extra. You also have some chance of folding a better jack. If you get 3-bet, you can fold the river UI.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I was thinking.

SmileyEH
04-14-2005, 11:28 PM
I don't like a turn raise primarily because it is VERY unlikley the SB has a draw. You might lose the BB which will gain you 2 extra bets if you hit your flush, and you don't need to worry about folding the river if the BB calls a river bet. Get to showdown cheaply is the name of the game here I think.

-SmileyEH

Azhrarn
04-14-2005, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like a turn raise primarily because it is VERY unlikley the SB has a draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you say this? The hero opened from the CO. It looks like a steal raise. With only two opponents, a lot of people would play draws aggressively here to try to take down the pot.

SmileyEH
04-15-2005, 12:01 AM
Not with a player to act behind, if it was the BB checkraising I would agree. SB's play looks very consistent with TPweakK type hand.

-SmileyEH

Azhrarn
04-15-2005, 12:16 AM
I agree it's consistent with TPBK hand, but I think it's consistent with other things as well. Like any pair or a strong draw. Look, if you're the SB, even if you have a good draw, you'd prefer to take the pot down without having to make your draw. By checkraising (coupled often with a follow-up bet on the turn), you're putting pressure on the other two players to fold. It's a good play with a good chance of succeeding. Do you just not think the average 3/6 player does this sort of thing? A lot of them (maybe not a majority, I'd hesitate to try to put a percentage on it) are sensitive to when a raise looks like a steal, and they're liable to play more aggressively as a result.