PDA

View Full Version : AQo-UTG V.LAP

flair1239
04-14-2005, 08:55 PM
Villian is 62/6/.75

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.20 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

River: (6.20 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 6.20 BB

cold_cash
04-14-2005, 09:20 PM
Meh.

The only remotely interesting aspect of this hand is the aspect that never happened.

What are you doing if he bets the river?

mr pink
04-14-2005, 09:21 PM
i don't like the flop bet.

flair1239
04-14-2005, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Continue please... this is the stuff I am looking for. These are the type of hands I have been misplaying lately.

I know they are not the most interesting ones, but I have been leaking in these situations.

mr pink
04-14-2005, 10:56 PM
you have no redraws, it's unlikely your hand is best, a bet can't get you a free card, and there is a good chance it gets raised.

SmileyEH
04-14-2005, 10:58 PM
A flop bet is automatic. Taking this down something like 1 in 15 on the flop makes this +EV.

-SmileyEH

mr pink
04-14-2005, 11:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A flop bet is automatic.

[/ QUOTE ]

it really isn't.

SmileyEH
04-14-2005, 11:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A flop bet is automatic.

[/ QUOTE ]

it really isn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

it really is.

NA NA NA NA

-SmileyEH

Macdaddy Warsaw
04-14-2005, 11:04 PM
It is, or at least it should be.

adamstewart
04-14-2005, 11:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...

But: if you're going to call anyway, you might as well bet it. (Someone famous suggested this /images/graemlins/wink.gif). At least then you have the chance of thinning the field and/or taking it down right then.

If you get raised, you'll have a better idea of where you stand. (i.e. if you check, and the a late position bets, how much credit do you give them? are they just position betting, or do they have something?)

This drawless board is a good one to bet at, because if you're called, you'll know you're very likely behind.

Adam

mr pink
04-14-2005, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But: if you're going to call anyway, you might as well bet it. (Someone famous suggested this ). At least then you have the chance of thinning the field and/or taking it down right then.

If you get raised, you'll have a better idea of where you stand. (i.e. if you check, and the a late position bets, how much credit do you give them? are they just position betting, or do they have something?)

This drawless board is a good one to bet at, because if you're called, you'll know you're very likely behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't say i disagree with any of that.

i guess it's not as bad as i first thought.

adamstewart
04-14-2005, 11:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But: if you're going to call anyway, you might as well bet it. (Someone famous suggested this ). At least then you have the chance of thinning the field and/or taking it down right then.

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't say i disagree with any of that.

i guess it's not as bad as i first thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

you points have merit too. this has been an auto-bet for me in the past, and now I've been forced to think about it. My post was the result of that thinking... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

As always, I could be wrong, though...

Adam

SmileyEH
04-14-2005, 11:15 PM
bet first, ask questions later.

-SmileyEH

flair1239
04-15-2005, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...

But: if you're going to call anyway, you might as well bet it. (Someone famous suggested this /images/graemlins/wink.gif). At least then you have the chance of thinning the field and/or taking it down right then.

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the reason I even asked the question. Because I really think this is a good flop to bet at, just for these reasons.

Fat Nicky
04-15-2005, 12:06 PM
With BB checking and only 2 players left to act, I think a bet here will take the pot down at least 1 out of 9 times. Also, this bet is probably +EV if we can get out hand to the turn heads up for 1 bet.

FoodForThought
04-15-2005, 12:08 PM
What is the question????????????????????

SmileyEH
04-15-2005, 12:08 PM
It doesn't have to work 1/9 times for it be better than - thus the beauty of it. You still have significant pot equity when called (2 overcards), that I would say getting a fold around 1 in 15 to 1 in 20 times is profitable.

-SmileyEH

GrunchCan
04-15-2005, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this has been an auto-bet for me in the past

[/ QUOTE ]

With 3 opponents and the worst possible relative position, this has always been an auto-think for me. The fact that one opponent is a blind makes it easier, but it's still not an auto-bet for me.

[ QUOTE ]
if you're going to call anyway, you might as well bet it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Certianly this isn't still true with 8 opponents, 6 of whom called 2 cold PF, is it? If there's an extreme on one end where you definitely don't bet, and an extreme on the other where you definietly do bet, where's the line? The line is fuzzy, obviously. But it seems to me like 2 CC opponents and 1 blind opponent is somewhere in the fuzz, albiet slightly to the bet side.