PDA

View Full Version : 8 tables of hell

CallMeIshmael
04-14-2005, 08:34 PM
Hey all,

I just got a second monitor setup, and I'm playing 0.50/1.00 as I move from 4 to 8 tables. So, please excuse the micro post. (I've never really posted/read that forum, and would feel more comfortable getting advice here).

MP3 is a tyical player. 35/3/1ish. SB is fishy. 50/2/1ish.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

This was a mistake. I planned to call IF and ONLY IF I was heads up with the PFR. I thought I was. I didnt realize that SB had called (again... first time playing &gt; 4 tables)

Flop: (6 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

I called planning to reraise if MP3 raised.

Turn: (4.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, SB folds.

Because MP3 could have picked up some kind of draw with that card if he was peeling, I popped here. SB is passive enough to make it an easy fold vs 3-bet.

River: (9.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

einbert
04-14-2005, 08:37 PM
Nice hand except of course for PF.

A case could be made for calling the river raise (because of the 0.5/1 factor, where 0.5/1 players sometimes do bizarre inexplicable things just because there's not much money on the line. But I think it's a good fold mathematically.

rmarotti
04-14-2005, 08:38 PM
PF is retarded. River fold is pretty good.

SmileyEH
04-14-2005, 09:00 PM
I would play 6 first without aim or anything in the background. Then start surfing the net talking on aim etc. etc. Once you are comfortable doing that, cut the aim and surfing add the final two tables and do that til you feel comfortable.

Dropping limits is very -EV IMO. Just live with the misclicks and misreads for the first week or so.

-SmileyEH

CallMeIshmael
04-14-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dropping limits is very -EV IMO. Just live with the misclicks and misreads for the first week or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only plan to do it for today and tomorrow.

Thats cool, right?

GrekeHaus
04-14-2005, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would play 6 first without aim or anything in the background. Then start surfing the net talking on aim etc. etc. Once you are comfortable doing that, cut the aim and surfing add the final two tables and do that til you feel comfortable.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, there are actually 3 numbers between 4 and 8. It's not an all or nothing thing, just build up gradually.