PDA

View Full Version : No Big Deal

11-01-2002, 03:26 PM
A Topic like this -manners -prompted many responses on other topics so I have one for home poker. Recently I played poker at a guys house and during the course of the game I passed gas. Really a couple of good ones. The first nearly blasted the guy next to me off of his seat. You know you can't beat fun for a good time. But the guys on my right and left both yelled and the host yelled and suggested next time I use a bathroom. Don't you agree they really made too big of an issue of this. Home games are supposed to be relaxing and I've been in many social settings that are quite boring and then someone will cut one and it just lightens things up

11-01-2002, 05:17 PM
I went to this home game once, and I was running all over the table, winning everything in sight. About 1 hour into the game, the guy on my right stands up and looks at me. "Get up" he says. "Why?". "Well, every hour we move one seat to the left so everyone gets a chance to get the lucky cards. Oh, by the way, you have to leave all your money at your seat too - you play with the money that's sitting at your new spot. It's not a big deal because it's not that much money and everyone knows that poker is all luck anyway"

Another time, I'm playing and not doing as well. The guy next to me is winning a lot, and he goes into the kitchen, comes back with a bottle of champagne, opens it, and sprays it all over me. "Hey, I'm just trying to make the game a little more fun for you - make you feel like a winner."

Ok, I made those stories up, but it shows that just because you might think something is acceptable in a "relaxed home game", others might feel differently.

Easy E
11-01-2002, 07:06 PM
Those were pretty good stories- you have talent!

11-02-2002, 12:23 PM
hey Biggie, what sort of diet are you on that could produce such offensive ass music

11-07-2002, 02:18 PM
i have a very dry british sense of humor and usually find most american attempts at comedy utterly assenine (see also ace ventura pet detective). but i loved your little stories laughed out loud. am going to spray champagne on someone at my next home game. write more and leave a name.

11-08-2002, 12:56 PM
I'll think of some of the better ones and get "back" to you.