PDA

View Full Version : I dunno

PokerBob
04-14-2005, 07:59 PM
pf raiser here is 50/5/4.5 thru only 15. I feel good about only 1 move here.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Hero posts a blind of $3.
UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero (poster) calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, CO calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, SB folds.

River: (13 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 18 BB

shadow29
04-14-2005, 08:02 PM
I like a flop c/r. That board is pretty scary.

PokerBob
04-14-2005, 08:06 PM
...I didn't post utg.....

PokerBob
04-14-2005, 08:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and when 3-bet??????

cnfuzzd
04-14-2005, 08:10 PM
please tell me the converter is fritzing and you didnt really post UTG. If you were the BB, then...

You are in a bad spot without a read. This is why i feel more comfortable calling in the big blind here with 87o rather than kqo. In the end, im paying off far less if im behind. Im not sure of the flop 3bet. You have a decent hand, but it could easily be already behind, and you are playing on a fairly coordinated board. Im not certain i like the flop 3bet, as even if you are ahead, against four opponents i think its likely that a large portion of this bet is being banked by everyone elses hands. Im more in favor of calling the checkraise, and seeing what happens on the turn. However, that line doesnt feel really great either.

peace

john nickle

cnfuzzd
04-14-2005, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...I didn't post utg.....

[/ QUOTE ]

duly noted

peace

john nickle

cnfuzzd
04-14-2005, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there is some missing logic in here that im interested in hearing. Scary board, hand with few outs, against a pfr = checkraise?

peace

john nickle

PokerBob
04-14-2005, 08:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there is some missing logic in here that im interested in hearing. Scary board, hand with few outs, against a pfr = checkraise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

shadow29
04-14-2005, 08:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true.

But I'm interesting in continuing past the flop (duh). I'd like to make the rest of the field face some bets cold so their gutshots and bd flushes are getting worse odds (I haven't done the math, but it might still be correct for them to call, but I'd like to make it less correct).

Also, I think a 3-bet by the pfr will tell you a lot.

After 3-bet, I'd have to see if I have the odds to continue for my fh if I miss on the turn.

That's my thinking, anyway. I don't post here often (although I play 2/4), so I'm open to everyone.

cnfuzzd
04-14-2005, 08:53 PM
I too am interested in continuing beyond the flop (duh)

a checkraise will only face UTG with 2 cold. Even then, he is getting six to one, which probably means he is correct to call. Everyone else will definitly be getting odds with anything but the worst trash. worse yet, you could easily be giving money to other draws and better hands.

given that you have seen the pfr play exactly 15 hands, a 3bet would tell you that he knows where the raise button is, which is always a good thing to know.

peace

john nickle

shadow29
04-14-2005, 08:59 PM
That makes sense.

What's your line for the flop?