PDA

View Full Version : really unsure about this line

Chizoad
04-14-2005, 07:51 PM
5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif5/images/graemlins/heart.gif in the SB of a typically loose but not too passive 1-2 game on Party.

Two limpers, I complete, BB checks, we see an all club flop:

Q/images/graemlins/club.gif9/images/graemlins/club.gif5/images/graemlins/club.gif

Knowing these guys will call one bet from me with pretty much any club and any piece of this board, and there's a good chance one of them will bet, though I'm not sure which one, what's the best approach to take?

Joe826
04-14-2005, 07:58 PM
Betting sounds good. Hopefully you'll get a club or a Q to raise so you can pump put as much money in as possible.

Chizoad
04-14-2005, 08:17 PM
Maybe I played it the worst way possible. I checked the flop, the BB bet out, one caller, I just called. My plan was to check-raise any non-club turn.

How can I calculate the EV for each option? Would Pokerstove work?

billyjex
04-14-2005, 09:00 PM
Just bet. Hopefully you'll get raised, if not everyone will be throwing money in the pot when they're behind.

krishanleong
04-14-2005, 09:17 PM
Horrible plan out of position. If they are on a draw they will check through.

Krishan

Chizoad
04-14-2005, 09:31 PM
Well, I *know* one of them will bet, I just don't know where the bet will come from. The guy in last position is a guaranteed bettor if someone hasn't already put money in the pot, but the BB will bet if he has any piece of this. The guy in the middle is extremely passive.

Chiz

krishanleong
04-14-2005, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, I *know* one of them will bet, I just don't know where the bet will come from. The guy in last position is a guaranteed bettor if someone hasn't already put money in the pot, but the BB will bet if he has any piece of this. The guy in the middle is extremely passive.

Chiz

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I don't mind the flop check. I much prefer a flop checkraise and turn lead because if they bet a draw on the flop you miss out on the turn. Because I don't want the turn checked through, I figure you might as well checkraise the flop and lead. That way you'll pick up the extra bets on the flop.

Krishan

Chizoad
04-15-2005, 01:09 PM
That's a really good line, and in general I should follow that in these situations.

When the BB bet out here though, I knew enough about him to be confident he would bet the turn and I could get in the CR there. Not 100% confident but pretty sure. If the button had been the bettor I would have check raised the flop without hesitation. Even now thinking back on the hand I'd probably take your line though, since it's a sure thing. Thanks for the input.

djoyce003
04-15-2005, 01:47 PM
in position, i wait to raise the turn. Out of position I settle for the flop checkraise, lead the turn.

afk
04-15-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My plan was to check-raise any non-club turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like this because often in this spot you might see the guy with the Ace or King bet. If a non club falls on the turn you may see it checked through. Which is horrible.

Rubeskies
04-15-2005, 04:52 PM
You have to remember, against a lone club you're a big favorite to win the hand because even if they hit, you'll have a big redraw to hit on the river.

If you are behind on the flop you still have a big draw to win, especially against all those players with a big layover. You have 7 outs on the flop, and if you miss on the turn you're gonna have 3 more for a total of ten going into the river.

You want to bet/cap that flop with the way people play flush draws and your equity against their range of hands. You want people calling! I don't mind the check/raise as long as you know somebody will bet (not really sure how you could know this) and you plan on capping it if you get the chance.