PDA

View Full Version : Middle Position play

FoodForThought
04-14-2005, 05:59 PM
When in middle position and everyone has folded to me, I tend to fold hands like 22 and 98s but might raise with hands like 88 and A2s. However, I am not quite sure what to do with hands like K9s, Q9s, J9s, KJo. What do you think is the best play assuming a typical Party $3/$6 game in which you don't have a tremendous amount of information on your opponents yet? Do you think these are the types of hands and situation where it really doesn't matter..fold, call, or raise all have close to 0 EV (I tend to fold these hands but am wondering if I shouldn't)?

MoDOH
04-14-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I tend to fold hands like 22 and 98s but might raise with hands like 88 and A2s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding 22 and 98s is ok. And you shouldnīt just raise 88 you should also raise 77 and in late MP even 66. Raising Axs isnīt a good idea though unless the x is 9 or higher.in late MP A7s is borderline at best. Depending on table these hands can be quite profitable though.
In MP3 I would raise KJo and K9s almost everytime. Q9s and J9s i would raise depending on the players in the blinds and those left behind me.in MP2 I would only raise KJo.

FoodForThought
04-14-2005, 07:21 PM
Yes, I open raise in MP with 77 too...I just used 88 as an example. A2s I will open raise if conditions are right or to mix up play....I agree that the 'x' needs to be higher to generally make a raise correct. My main question was what to do with those other hands in MP. Basically, you fold all of them in MP1, raise with KJo in MP2, and raise with KJo and K9s in MP3. SSH suggests playing KJo, K9s, Q9s, J9s in MP, but doesn't really discuss what to do with them if everyone folds to you.