PDA

View Full Version : Check/calling to River with 77 on a flop with 2 overcards.

A_C_Slater
04-14-2005, 05:05 PM
Paradise Poker $1/2 ---9 handed

CO is the "I have to bet the flop if checked to me" type.

UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, AC calls with 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, MP2 folds, MP3 raises, CO calls, button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, AC calls.

(9 SB)
4 players---FLOP: 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG checks, AC checks, MP3 checks, CO bets, UTG folds, AC calls, MP3 folds.

(5 BB)
2 players--- TURN: 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

AC checks, CO bets, AC calls.

(7 BB)
2 players--- RIVER: 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

AC checks and plans to call........

jrz1972
04-14-2005, 05:07 PM
I would have folded the flop.

toss
04-14-2005, 05:09 PM
With your read on button I'd check raise the flop as I don't want MP3 hanging around on this board. I also think this checkraise is necessary against villain who may be drawing with overcards. Not sure though. Just my thgouhts.

Theres a little error in your PF action.

i wanna be me
04-14-2005, 05:11 PM
I hate it - these are the types of plays that were making JJ-77 losers for me. I check/fold that flop (1 1/2 outs with no redraws - save the runner-runner straight with 2 flush cards) and a pre-flop raiser.

p.s. how does button bet when he folds PF?

mvoss
04-14-2005, 05:16 PM
I'm a bit confused about the button but I assume that he didn't fold preflop. I'd probably fold this one on the flop.

A_C_Slater
04-14-2005, 05:18 PM
Sorry, it's the CO who's betting, the button did fold I edited it.

dancraw
04-14-2005, 05:32 PM
I would fold the flop, out of position facing a raise from pre flop raiser and another player to act. Given your action, what do we think about raising the turn, folding to a turn re-raise? The turn raise should tell you where you're at, or possibly slow down an overpair that your planning on calling down anyway. If this IS ok, how do we proceed on the river? Check hoping to showdown for free?

Entity
04-14-2005, 05:33 PM
I would checkraise the flop, then depending on the reaction to that, judge how to best continue.

TripleH68
04-14-2005, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would checkraise the flop, then depending on the reaction to that, judge how to best continue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's say villain calls the raise. The turned T is not the best card to see.

What's your action?

Entity
04-14-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your action?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the T is really that bad of a card. I'd bet-call if the opponent wasn't tricky, folding the river UI (if raised); check-call if he was tricky, intending to check-call the river.

Rob

Maurader1
04-14-2005, 05:54 PM
Calling down feels week, but I'm not sure what I'd do if I bet and had it raised behind me...though the pot is pretty small and easy to give up...but given your read on CO, does it push it closer to c/r on flop or turn? Please flame me for the noob that I am /images/graemlins/smile.gif

grjr
04-14-2005, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I didn't fold the flop this is what I would do. Given your read on the CO let's see if he's just betting out or did he actually hit something this time.

TripleH68
04-14-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your action?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the T is really that bad of a card. I'd bet-call if the opponent wasn't tricky, folding the river UI (if raised); check-call if he was tricky, intending to check-call the river.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

oops. T does give you a low end OESD. I was disliking the T because villain might be holding overcards with gutshot possibilities...JT,QT,QJ,etc.