PDA

View Full Version : 1st Hand of SNG - QQ

TruFloridaGator
04-14-2005, 04:40 PM
$5+.50 SNG
Dealt QQ in MP(1500 chips to start)
Blinds are 15/30
UTG folds, UTG+1 limps, then a raise to 60, then folded to me in MP. I make 180 to go, folds around to UTG+1 who re-raises & makes it 540 to go, then a call by the initial raiser.
Easy muck from here? Thanks.

pooh74
04-14-2005, 04:41 PM
yep...although, you're probably ahead ,lol...

TruFloridaGator
04-14-2005, 04:43 PM
Yeah, I kinda figured I would have been too, lol, thanks. I hate QQ on the 1st hand of a $5 or $10. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Maulik
04-14-2005, 10:10 PM
Gator, I think you're ready for the strictly $11s.

Apathy
04-14-2005, 11:13 PM
imo folding QQ Pf in a 5 buck SNG should almost never be done. Not here either.

illini43
04-14-2005, 11:16 PM
It's hard to judge what other players have especially if you haven't played them before and you are in a wild low buy-in SNG. If I would not be crippled by the loss of the tourney buy-in I would probably call. The opponents most likely have Ace something or a lower pocket pair.

Blarg
04-14-2005, 11:40 PM
That raise to 60 seems like a very low-confidence raise to me. That tends to signal Ace-broadway or a medium pair to me, not a high pair. A high pair would probably bet bigger so that he could make some more money on whoever stays and so he could chase out some people to get a better chance of being heads up.

If you had AA or KK, why would you even bother raising a measly 30? Your pay-off would be bigger if you either did a more substantial raise or if you just limped to see if you could trap someone and make a mess of their stack on or after the flop.

The weakness of the early raise from villain makes me think he wants some more money in the pot, but wants to get away from it easily. Your raising changes things.

Your raise was pretty weak too, though. Again, it looks like a low confidence raise. That might have made villain feel he had a good chance of scaring you out of the pot and keeping it with a substantial raise. But again, his raise could have been stronger; that it wasn't tends to suggest to me that again he isn't wanting to commit his stack to the pot because his hand isn't that strong. It looks to me like a raise just enough to see if he could scare you off. Given your small raise in response to such a tiny opening raise, you look like you could be scared off.

Anyway, just my thoughts on it. I'd be thinking differently if the villain's first raise wasn't so tiny, and if your re-raise in response weren't so weak. Your re-raise has "please don't re-raise me" written all over it.

TruFloridaGator
04-14-2005, 11:46 PM
The limper from UTG+1 turned over AA, the initial min raiser turned over A7o. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

TruFloridaGator
04-14-2005, 11:47 PM
I agree, about to move up, I'm at a little less than 20 buy-ins for the 11s right now, however I am singling them. What do you think? I am paying off a bonus at Full Tilt on the 5s, planning on moving over to PokerStars 11s as soon as its done.

Blarg
04-15-2005, 12:27 AM
LOL, boy what a mess I made of that. I was reading the 540 raise as coming from the same guy who did the initial raising. Sheesh, sorry.

I think I was right about how wimpy both the initial raise and your re-raise were, though, and how much they signaled weakness on both your parts. Now that I see that the limper put in the big raise, I'm definitely starting to suspect KK or AA.

The min-raiser with A7o -- send that guy around to my table, please.

Maulik
04-15-2005, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree, about to move up, I'm at a little less than 20 buy-ins for the 11s right now, however I am singling them. What do you think? I am paying off a bonus at Full Tilt on the 5s, planning on moving over to PokerStars 11s as soon as its done.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be alright single tabling the $11s. The Party games are relatively weak, my understanding is the PS aren't as much so.

TruFloridaGator
04-15-2005, 12:31 AM
Ugh..UB then? I'm so used to the 1500 chip format now..although I played party before...

JP Rocks
04-15-2005, 12:38 AM
The UB turbo sngs are alright, take about 45mins max, and people tend to panic very easily. The regular sngs take painfully long to get interesting...

TruFloridaGator
04-15-2005, 12:40 AM
So the UB turbo/non-turbo over the PS turbo/non-turbo?

Chaos81
04-15-2005, 03:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I've found the people who play the PS turbo 11's are idiots. I can't help you with UB as I haven't played there.

DasLeben
04-15-2005, 03:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree with that, though I don't have a ton of experience with SNGs at PS. Definitely UB's turbo games are the way to go, IMO. They don't drag on forever, and players tend to bust out pretty quickly in earlier rounds. The only issue is that sometimes you'll come across games where you're 7-handed with blinds 100/200, and nobody is willing to budge. It just becomes a crapshoot from there.

Token
04-15-2005, 01:21 PM
I play the non-turbo UB $10 SnGs. The competition is nothing to write home about. The downside is the wait for a table to fill.