PDA

View Full Version : A question about tanning.

deacsoft
04-14-2005, 04:34 PM
So I tanned yesterday and managed to get a little burnt. It's not painful or anything. On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being very burnt) I would say I'm about a 3.8 . I have a fairly tan complection to begin with and do not burn easily. I can remember only one time in my life when I burnt to the point of eventual peeling skin. I've never burnt in a tanning bed before. So my question is, how long before I can go tanning again? I burnt yesterday and did not go today. Do I give it a couple days? Does it even matter? Could I have gone again today? Should I wait until my skin is no longer sensative?

swede123
04-14-2005, 04:35 PM
Let me reply to your question with another question:

How soon do you want to die from skin cancer?

Swede

deacsoft
04-14-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Long after the lung cancer kills me.

swede123
04-14-2005, 04:40 PM
Very well then, since skin cancer is not a concern...use some lotion with Aloe to help the skin heal faster. I'd say definitely wait until any tenderness and redness is completely gone. It greatly compounds the damage to the skin when you tan more on top of already damaged skin.

Swede

BusterStacks
04-14-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Long after the lung cancer kills me.

[/ QUOTE ]

peachy
04-14-2005, 05:23 PM
wait...otherwise ur just gonna mess it up and possible cause peeling. I stay pretty tan yr round without a tanning bed and dont peel hardly ever at all even when im in the sun all summer. But when i go to the tanning bed and get a lil burned the 1st time (same thing like a tiny bit to where my skin tingles a lil) i wait a day or two then go again and then go whenever...so give it maybe one more day espeically if u arent used to tanning beds. Im assuming u did use the right kind of tanning lotion right?

Messy Harry
04-14-2005, 05:27 PM
Why are you fake baking?

deacsoft
04-14-2005, 05:41 PM
I tan all the time. This is just the first time I've ever burned. And yes, the lotion is right on. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

deacsoft
04-14-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why are you fake baking?

[/ QUOTE ]

Main reason is: I'm very much a summer and hot weather person. I need to feel that heat of lying in the sun year round. I hate the cold and remain indoors until it's warm out. The general rule is I don't leave the house, with the intention of being outside for an extended period of time, if it's not above 60. My comfort zone begins in the high 80s and low 90s. Unfortunately, I live in Wisconsin and maybe get 1 or 2 months of decent weather a year. Tanning provides the feeling of hot sunlight that I need, if only for 10 to 20 minutes today. It makes me feel so much better.

The second reason: Yes. I can admit it. I'm a little vain.

Dead
04-14-2005, 05:53 PM
Just buy a heater and a bright light.

Messy Harry
04-14-2005, 05:56 PM
Time to move to Cali, Fla, Mexico, etc... You can alwaya go back to visit on Halloween!

deacsoft
04-14-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Time to move to Cali, Fla, Mexico, etc... You can alwaya go back to visit on Halloween!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm hoping to move to Mexico, but not until my daughter is out of school She's turning 7 next month, so I have a while to wait.
And I certainly, do plan on returning for Halloween.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif