PDA

View Full Version : PT AF total - is 1.66 too passive?

donger
04-14-2005, 04:33 PM
I recently auto-rated myself and was horrified to see that I had slipped from TA-A to TA-N according to bisonbisons AR rules.

My current overall stats for limit ring games:
VP$IP: 19.49% PFR %: 9.37% WTSD: 32.29% AF total: <font color="red">1.66 </font>

Should this be higher? Am I not raising enough when bet into? Am I not value betting enough on the end? I've always fancied myself TA-A, and this is definitely a blow to my self esteem. HELP!

meep_42
04-14-2005, 04:51 PM
Is "include pf into total aggression" unchecked?

And without more specific information, it is impossible to tell.

-d

donger
04-14-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is "include pf into total aggression" unchecked?

And without more specific information, it is impossible to tell.

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, whoops. Now it's 3.03. *whew*

meep_42
04-14-2005, 05:13 PM
Now that it's unchecked, it should.

3 is good.

I strugge to stay at 2.2. I'm such a weakie.

-d

Redeye
04-14-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

3 is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

A total aggression factor of 3 is awfully high, and for most SS limits (2/4 and 3/6) I personally think is way too high. I think a reasonable number is in the low 2's.

donger
04-14-2005, 05:36 PM
Really? I thought 3 was pretty good, especially coupled with tight PF numbers (19% and 9%).

GrekeHaus
04-14-2005, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

3 is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

A total aggression factor of 3 is awfully high, and for most SS limits (2/4 and 3/6) I personally think is way too high. I think a reasonable number is in the low 2's.

[/ QUOTE ]

It might be a bit too high, but I wouldn't say way too high. I'm about 2.8 at $5/10. Of course, the higher in limits you go, the higher this will likely get.

Minneapolis represent.

KDawgCometh
04-14-2005, 07:37 PM
I normally include PF aggression in my ag factor totals, should I have the PF totals box unchecked?

meep_42
04-14-2005, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I normally include PF aggression in my ag factor totals, should I have the PF totals box unchecked?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the general practice.

-d

Pokey
04-14-2005, 07:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Really? I thought 3 was pretty good, especially coupled with tight PF numbers (19% and 9%).

[/ QUOTE ]

Two comments:

1. There isn't really "good" and "bad." There's "what works for my style" and "what spreads me like a thin paste across a wall of enemies."
2. VPIP 19% isn't particularly tight. It's safely in the "healthy" range, sure, but it's pretty normal for 2+2ers at the 2/4 tables.

donger
04-14-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

3 is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It might be a bit too high, but I wouldn't say way too high. I'm about 2.8 at $5/10. Of course, the higher in limits you go, the higher this will likely get.

Minneapolis represent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I've been thinking that as I move up in limits, my AF might slide a little bit. Most of my numbers are from me mercilessly hammering on the 3/6 and 2/4 donkeys with bets and value raises. It seems like as you encounter more aggro players as you move up, you might start to integrate more passivity ("throwing them some rope") into your play.

GrekeHaus
04-14-2005, 08:19 PM
You might be right. There are certainly more LAGs at the higher limits of party which might mean that you're calling down more. However, at very high levels there are a lot more pots that will be won uncontested. The ones that are contested are often two very good hands going HU, which often means capping the betting on many streets.