PDA

View Full Version : Extremely bad cards

Marat
04-14-2005, 04:15 PM
Hi,

can I have question?
In last 4 months a playing mainly tournaments and now in last 2 months I have terrible luck.:( If I get AA, KK, AK, suited connectors, etc. flop for me is opposite flush, three to straight, low cards with huge turn betting.Simply...Flop,Turn, River....absolutely nothing for me! /images/graemlins/frown.gif I didnt saw good flop for a month and I don't know how change it!

There is something, what can I try?

I play at Eurobet poker (party skin) and Ladbrokes.

citanul
04-14-2005, 04:20 PM
you could try betting a lot with AA and KK so that you don't face heavy betting on the turn.

you could also try sacrificing a goat, but either playing good poker or just waiting out a downswing is usually more effective.

how many games have you played during this string of "bad luck"?

citanul

hummusx
04-14-2005, 04:22 PM
Yeah, definitely go for heavy petting.

The Yugoslavian
04-14-2005, 04:26 PM
http://usera.imagecave.com/BSwing23/give_a_damn_progress.gif

Yugoslav

JasonP530
04-14-2005, 04:32 PM
The answer is, that if you dont have much invested, youre going to have to fold sometimes(and be wrong sometimes). If the blinds are high, there is often nothing you can do.

Marat
04-14-2005, 04:58 PM
I always bet lot with good cards, but there is least one player who goes all-in with anything. And with my luck....I am OUT. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Today I played 5 tournaments (2 multitable) and in last I was eliminated by player with 95o.I had KK. Flop T,5,2, Turn 2, River 5. I bet lot preflop, he call, lot postflop, he goes all-in. This is standart. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

hurlyburly
04-14-2005, 05:16 PM
Sounds like a good time to start working on your Omaha and Stud games. Seriously. Less variance than NLHE.

You can also work on your stealing and marginal hand play so that you aren't sink or swim everytime you get AA.

These runs eventually work themselves out, so drop limits and be patient (play for 2nd). Minimize the losses.

dfscott
04-14-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I always bet lot with good cards, but there is least one player who goes all-in with anything. And with my luck....I am OUT. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Today I played 5 tournaments (2 multitable) and in last I was eliminated by player with 95o.I had KK. Flop T,5,2, Turn 2, River 5. I bet lot preflop, he call, lot postflop, he goes all-in. This is standart. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You've obviously fallen in the trap of thinking that KK is good. As you can see by your example, it is totally dominated by 95o.

Next time, fold KK and play 95o. Let us know if your results improve.

Voltron87
04-14-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like a good time to start working on your Omaha and Stud games. Seriously. Less variance than NLHE.

You can also work on your stealing and marginal hand play so that you aren't sink or swim everytime you get AA.

These runs eventually work themselves out, so drop limits and be patient (play for 2nd). Minimize the losses.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know jack about stud (low card brings what?), but if you don't want variance, stay the [censored] outta Omaha. If you like capping every street with the nut flush with no low possible and then having to fold when the board pairs and 3 people raise, then play Omaha. Omaha has >>> variance than NLHE.

The Yugoslavian
04-14-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatchu talkin' bout holmes?!?

Seriously.

Yugoslav

valenzuela
04-14-2005, 06:06 PM
If u send $25 to D_maybe( on party poker)ure bad luck will go away. I had never won money on party before but that changed when I sent money to his account. THIS IS A TRUE STORY.

Blarg
04-14-2005, 08:40 PM
Everyone has terrible luck sometimes. The only thing you can do is keep studying and working on your game so that luck matters less and less the longer you play.

Do you have pokertracker, use Aleomagus's spreadsheet, or have some way of looking over your records and hands to spot any of your bad play and think about your game? Have you read all the 2+2 books you can get your hands on, and then done it again, and then again and again? Keep studying. Keep learning. And post some hands for discussion on this forum.