PDA

View Full Version : You want a good laugh? Well DO YOU??

Apocalypse
04-14-2005, 03:43 PM
Hi there, how bad is this call. Opponent is what i call a bad loose-aggressive thinking player. Too wide a starting range(but not moronic), too lousy in positionplay(but not moronic), cliche-tricky(but not moronic). Not as bad as most players at the table though. But after this hand, some of you will probably conclude: so are you /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Its a sit 'n go with not that high a buy-in to really put me on the edge of my seat so to speak. This has loosened me to a point that i'm ready to make an 'awesome' call /images/graemlins/grin.gif Regardless of the outcome, i have a roommate that was just waving his head in disgust. He is the kind of player that will never ever in his life make calls like these, and tries to keep things simple and most of all very safe. He does very well in that area i might add. But again, how bad is this.

I hold AJ in UTG +1 (8 handed), suits unimportant. I raise 3* BB (My current stack is 21*BB). Folded to the bb described earlier who calls. His stack is 41BB.

Flop comes down 76Kr (pot= 6.5BB)

BB checks, i bet strong: 6 BB. Opponent calls

He struck me as way too loose in previous hands. He'd call a lot of hands here that should be folded. 109, QJs, AXs, Ax down to A8. but then again the cliche-tricky man would also smoothcall a lot of monsters or toppair here, trying to trap me on the turn. Or just call with A7 or A6 of course

Turn: 4 completing the rainbow

He checks, i, who would like a showdown but certainly no checkraise decide to check through

River: 8

Opponent goes all-in, i call (yes i am laughing as well)

Now the only thing i ask HOW bad this is. The roommate always makes me feel like a donk when i tell him these things. But then again we're complete opposites in style when it comes to no-limit. He is the rock sticking to the math refuses to ever gamble in this game, im the maniac willing to put my balls on the table if i think theres a decent shot im good. Note that if i cared any about the outcome of the tourney i would have folded. The level of the field was so bad, that i would still have had much better oppurtunities to increase my stack of 12BB. I was bored and shouldn't have entered in the first place. Nevertheless, is it really as bad as my roommate tries to make me feel about this? Thanks, at least i hope you get a good laugh out of this hand /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

syphlix
04-14-2005, 03:50 PM
that's pretty bad yes /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

etgryphon
04-14-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
that's pretty bad yes /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto...

http://www.web-candy.com/Funny/shame-on-you-fingers.gif

-Gryph

YourFoxyGrandma
04-14-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Note that if i cared any about the outcome of the tourney i would have folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

?

iMsoLucky0
04-14-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Note that if i cared any about the outcome of the tourney i would have folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Its a sit 'n go with not that high a buy-in to really put me on the edge of my seat so to speak.

[/ QUOTE ]

tech
04-14-2005, 04:18 PM
At least you are not alone. I see this play made daily.

spentrent
04-14-2005, 04:24 PM
You had A high which is 11 times better than the worst hand, 3 high. Don't beat yourself up over this call-- you knew his range was bad-loose, but not so bad-moronic that it could include a K, 8, 7, 6, or 4. Or a 5. Well played!