PDA

View Full Version : Internet Connection

11-01-2002, 12:34 PM
My connection is so slow that I can't help but tilt. I play horribly at home with my dial-up connection. The hands don't come fast enough, the computer doesn't react to my actions fast enough for me and I just get so agitated that I play really bad. I feel like every hand I play is the last one for the night. Mostly wanted to vent.

Kurn, son of Mogh
11-01-2002, 01:06 PM
I run a 56K through aol (which means it runs faster than a normal 56K) and most of the time I'm OK on PP. If your trouble is that the cards deal out too slowly, that's not your connection, it might be your processor. When I play on my girlfriend machine (cable modem, slower processor) sometimes i get the slow deal problem. try turning off the animation. That may help.

11-01-2002, 01:51 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I run a 56K through aol (which means it runs faster than a normal 56K)

[/ QUOTE ]

Bwahahaha!

Sorry, I needed a good laugh today /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Kurn, son of Mogh
11-01-2002, 03:16 PM
A little humor is a necessary thing. The truth is, I usually have no problems with 56K through aol at Paradise. The rare times I've lost a connection, eveything is fine after I re-connect. Maybe it's because I'm in a fairly large metro area where aol has better than average connectivity.

Mike
11-08-2002, 04:35 AM
If you are serious, play better, win and use the money for dsl, cable, or a satellite feed....