PDA

View Full Version : Waiting in the long Drive-Thru line... lazy or low self-image?

pshreck
04-14-2005, 03:07 PM
So I had a test this afternoon, and treated myself to a once a week fast food meal.

I went to Wendy's, about 12:30. Was gonna get drive-thru, but the line was literally about 25 cars deep, wrapping all the way around the building.

The line inside was maybe 2 people long, so I went inside. I couldnt understand why the others werent doing the same.

I decided to look into the cars as I passed by... every person had at least a slight obesity problem. Then I got to thinking... are they embarassed to go into the place, because they go there every day? Who in their sane mind would wait 45 minutes for drive thru when you can go in and out in 5 minutes? Or is it they are just lazy and never intended to get out of the car?

I know it seems like a dumb question, but I really think these people have some issues, and yes I think that just from seeing them do something so stupid as wait in a huge line, just so you dont have to reveal your fat self in the store, ordering 3 burgers or something.

You know you have seen these lines before... do you wait in them... do you think these people have issues?

kerssens
04-14-2005, 03:10 PM
Wendy's is amazing with their time service in the drive-thru. Taco Time is the worst. Wendy's I stay in the car, Taco Time I go inside. The rest depends on feel.

Dead
04-14-2005, 03:10 PM
I think that you have issues, judging by your obsession with other people's supposed issues.

pshreck
04-14-2005, 03:11 PM
No no.

Im talking.... the line is wrapped around the goddam building.

Going slowly.

There is no line inside.

There are open parking spaces.

What the hell is wrong with these people?

I really cant get over it.

Dead
04-14-2005, 03:12 PM
why do you care so much?

pshreck
04-14-2005, 03:13 PM
Seriously Dead, dont troll my thread.

Ill admit that I shouldnt care, but I do.

BTW you dont need to respond to this saying "ok" or something.

Dead
04-14-2005, 03:14 PM
ok.

Maybe this thread belongs in the psychology forum.

You can entitle it "My unhealthy obsession with fat people".

DCJ311
04-14-2005, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The majority of people are stupid, lazy (physically or mentally), and unable to plan 1 or 2 steps ahead if placed in even the most slightly unusual circumstances. This is why you see things like traffic jams so often. If people knew to get in the correct lane ahead of time and leave proper spacing, we wouldn't have as much of a problem, but they don't do it. The fact is that most people have poor technique in almost everything they do in life.

tech
04-14-2005, 03:27 PM
Sometimes I end up waiting in a long line like that when I have my kid with me, just because it is so much trouble to get her out of the car seat and back in. If I'm by myself, no way I wait it out.

DCJ311
04-14-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ok.

Maybe this thread belongs in the psychology forum.

You can entitle it "My unhealthy obsession with fat people".

[/ QUOTE ]

You sound like you are in need of a good 'cry'.

There is nothing wrong with making casual observations about everyday life, especially ones that are not intended in a malicious fashion.

InchoateHand
04-14-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is nothing wrong with making casual observations about everyday life, especially ones that are intended in a malicious fashion.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

DireWolf
04-14-2005, 03:31 PM
Sometimes i find im in situations like the one you discribed. I know that i will save my self time, and it will be easier to just go inside, but that initial effort of parking the car and walking inside is just too great. So i go to the drive-thru.

Its like sleeping in the winter. Sometimes you are real cold, but just to lazy to get up and get another blanket. So you suffer through being cold for the night.

Hopefully that made sense..Hmm

FishNChips
04-14-2005, 03:35 PM
when I go to fast food for lunch, I don't care if it takes an hour to get there and back, but I like to listen to sports talk radio while I'm out. Its a nice break from work. So I sit in line for the DT no matter how long the line is. If I time it right and can get in and out of the store in 8 minutes during commercials, i'll do that, otherwise the comfort of my car is just fine.

Thanks for calling me a fat slob though.
FishNChips

Dead
04-14-2005, 03:37 PM
Maybe pshreck is projecting.

thatpfunk
04-14-2005, 03:41 PM
I don't get why this is rubbing you the wrong why. It is a pretty interesting, valid observation.

Dead
04-14-2005, 03:46 PM
Like why does he give a [censored]?

It doesn't affect him. Pshreck probably just made this post because he has low self-esteem and needs to feel better about himself.

pshreck
04-14-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

It doesn't affect him. Pshreck probably just made this post because he has low self-esteem and needs to feel better about himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

This might bother me if there was a single poster on this forum who took you seriously.

moondogg
04-14-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Having a reason to give a [censored] is now a requirement for posting something in OOT?

ZeeJustin
04-14-2005, 03:53 PM
I think a lot of it has to do w/ plain stupidity. Every day when I drive home there's a three lane road, but no one is ever in the right lane even though it goes straight. If two cars get on the road at the same point in time, a car in the right lane will generally go through the light on the second cycle. A car in one of the two left lanes will get through in 4-5 cycles. About a mile down the road, the right lane does turn into a right turn only lane, but you have a mile to merge left, which is always easy to do.

This is all ignoring the fact that at the light there is also a right turn only lane which I always use. I turn right, make a U-turn, and turn right again, and generally get through the light before it goes green once. Going straight is simple. Following your predecided plan is simple. People are too dumb to vary their plans, even if it means saving a huge amount of time. These are the same people that are afriad of change.

thatpfunk
04-14-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He made an observation and found it interesting?

pshreck
04-14-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He ignores logical arguments, I have learned this. He simply stops posting in the thread when beaten. You can actually see it in other threads when he gets in arguments. It is quite funny.

FishNChips
04-14-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
People are too dumb to vary their plans, even if it means saving a huge amount of time. These are the same people that are afriad of change.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dammit! I just like Rome and Dan Patrick. Can't I enjoy my lunch break in my car without being called fat/obese/stupid/moronic?

FishNChips

pshreck
04-14-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Dammit! I just like Rome and Dan Patrick. Can't I enjoy my lunch break in my car without being called fat/obese/stupid/moronic?

FishNChips

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, it was a generalized statement, and I guess I am specifically talking about the last few cars that pull up at the lunch time rush. Those are the ones that bother me.

And... I was also listening to Rome, but I had 5 minutes to get out of the car to get my lunch.

thatpfunk
04-14-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Dammit! I just like Rome and Dan Patrick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think comfort might be a legitimate answer. If I am having a good time listening to music and in no rush, I might hang out for the extra five minutes.

(actually probably not, I get impatient fast, but once in a blue moon maybe...)

NLSoldier
04-14-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get why this is rubbing you the wrong why. It is a pretty interesting, valid observation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now why did you have to go and give Dead an excuse to post in this thread some more /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Alobar
04-14-2005, 04:03 PM
they are fat, and therefore prolyl lazy. Getting out of the car requires work, they dont like work. sitting in the car with the a/c running and the stereo going is ALOT less work.

Dead
04-14-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He ignores logical arguments, I have learned this. He simply stops posting in the thread when beaten. You can actually see it in other threads when he gets in arguments. It is quite funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that's bs.

What was your logical argument? That you are projecting your fatness insecurity onto other people? Ok.

JoeC
04-14-2005, 05:41 PM
wow

Yobz
04-14-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That you are projecting your fatness insecurity onto other people? Ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like someone is projecting

Dead
04-14-2005, 05:46 PM
5'9"

wayabvpar
04-14-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wendy's is amazing with their time service in the drive-thru. Taco Time is the worst. Wendy's I stay in the car, Taco Time I go inside. The rest depends on feel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good god, no kidding. The Taco Time across from Factoria takes FOREVER in the drive thru. They should install a gas pump halfway through.

kerssens
04-14-2005, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good god, no kidding. The Taco Time across from Factoria takes FOREVER in the drive thru. They should install a gas pump halfway through.

[/ QUOTE ]

But the food is so damn good!!

istewart
04-14-2005, 06:27 PM
Dead, you don't have to pretend you accept and love everyone and never question why people do what they do.

Observation is +EV.

Not a Seinfeld fan, eh?

DCJ311
04-15-2005, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

This is all ignoring the fact that at the light there is also a right turn only lane which I always use. I turn right, make a U-turn, and turn right again, and generally get through the light before it goes green once. Going straight is simple. Following your predecided plan is simple. People are too dumb to vary their plans, even if it means saving a huge amount of time. These are the same people that are afriad of change.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why ZJ is a top level poker player, he finds +EV situations all over the place that most people wouldn't even think of. I do this right turn, u-turn maneuever all the time near where I live, and it saves me so much time over the long run given the way the lights are staggered.

DCJ311
04-15-2005, 12:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that's bs.

What was your logical argument? That you are projecting your fatness insecurity onto other people? Ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is projecting his 'fatness insecurity onto other people'? That's absurd. So if I say, "Overweight people seem to be inherently more lazy than those who are not so", and research studies tend to concur with this opinion, that means I hate them and am not secure with their existence? Whatever happened to just being able to state facts?

I guess by that definition I have a problem with people with AIDS, because I simply understand that they have problems inherent with their condition that people without the AIDS virus do not have to incur. Would that mean I hate people with AIDS because I am being objective and realize that my life is less problematic than theirs is? We could have this discussion about a number of issues and your style of thinking would be flawed in every instance.

ilya
04-15-2005, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The majority of people are stupid, lazy (physically or mentally), and unable to plan 1 or 2 steps ahead if placed in even the most slightly unusual circumstances. This is why you see things like traffic jams so often. If people knew to get in the correct lane ahead of time and leave proper spacing, we wouldn't have as much of a problem, but they don't do it. The fact is that most people have poor technique in almost everything they do in life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi. I was wondering, would an urbane and well-mannered man such as yourself be willing to share some of his Life Techniques? I am especially interested in any cunnilingus and/or stock market tips you may have. Thank You.

ilya
04-15-2005, 12:52 AM
They're all just scared of that crazy guy who's been staring at them as he drives by.

pshreck
04-15-2005, 12:55 AM
He doesn't listen to logical arguments, you just wasted your time.

04-15-2005, 01:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
5'9"

[/ QUOTE ]

4000 posts in 2 months. Jesus H. Christ. That's like 300 a day. Maybe you ought to step away from your computer for a few minutes and get some fresh air. Clear the cobwebs that have formed over the past 2 months of staring at your monitor. Maybe take a walk. Over to the local Wendy's. I hear they are hiring. They need help at the drive-thru window.

InchoateHand
04-15-2005, 08:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So I treated myself to a once a week fast food meal.
I went to Wendy's, about 12:30.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone else have a problem with the fact that he views Wendy's as a "treat"? I mean it's o.k. But a treat?

captZEEbo1
04-19-2005, 09:21 AM
some people are just dumb as hell.