PDA

View Full Version : The Donut Club...

kerssens
04-14-2005, 03:02 PM
There's some reorganization going on at my job and I am temporarily (I hope) working next to the Donut Club, four women that easily clear 1000lb (wish I was exaggerating) that bring donuts to work for each other every day (again, I wish I was exaggerating). They rotate between Krispy Kreme, Dunkin' and Chuck's Donuts. I'm disgusted by the sounds that come from that area. Today I heard them discussing the fact that there is no non-fat milk in the cafeteria and there is also a lack of good healthy food in the building. I find this hippo-crate-ical and puzzling. Thoughts?

InchoateHand
04-14-2005, 03:05 PM
I almost crapped myself reading this.

Eurotrash
[ QUOTE ]
I find this hippo-crate-ical and puzzling.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant, in my opinion (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2152573&page=2&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&vc=1)

nolanfan34
[ QUOTE ]
Chuck's Donuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chuck's - is that the one by Hazen?

If so, mmmmmmmmmmm.....Chuck's.

This reminds me of the people who order two Big Macs and then a Diet Coke.

kerssens
04-14-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Chuck's Donuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The very same...apparently one lives in the area.

IndieMatty
04-14-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Chuck's Donuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BOOOOOOO as some guy who has to watch what he eats. When I do decide to get fast food. I always go diet coke. Why would I waste 300 calories of sugar when I could get a cheeseburger instead!

Jack of Arcades
04-14-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Chuck's Donuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Many people just prefer the taste of Diet Coke.

mmbt0ne
04-14-2005, 03:10 PM
You should do what Shajen was supposed to do. Buy a box of twinkies, and see how long they last. We can all place bets on the time.

And yes, they have to be twinkies. No other food exudes the aura of fatness that a twinkie does.

InchoateHand
04-14-2005, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this. But one is loaded with fat. One is loaded with sugar. They're not the same thing, and have very different impacts. I don't mind the fat, but don't need the sugar. Still I think it's funny when people (other than me) do this.

nolanfan34
04-14-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't deny that, it's just funny the people who order a big mound of Mcfood, and think that the diet coke is making it better somehow.

nolanfan34
04-14-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Chuck's Donuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The very same...apparently one lives in the area.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'm going to lapse into a diabetic coma just thinking about the maple bars at Chuck's. Man, I used to love those things.

pshreck
04-14-2005, 03:16 PM
Yeah I think I saw these chicks waiting in the drive thru line at Wendy's today.

kerssens
04-14-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I think I saw these chicks waiting in the drive thru line at Wendy's today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Were they all in one very small car?

IndieMatty
04-14-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't deny that, it's just funny the people who order a big mound of Mcfood, and think that the diet coke is making it better somehow.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is making it better. It's like 20% of the calories in the meal. I've got fast food junky friends who have lost notable weight just switching to all diet drinks and water. [censored] adds up.

Voltron87
04-14-2005, 03:31 PM
Soft drinks are the ninja calories. They also contribute nothing nutritionially.

kerssens
04-14-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You should do what Shajen was supposed to do. Buy a box of twinkies, and see how long they last. We can all place bets on the time.

And yes, they have to be twinkies. No other food exudes the aura of fatness that a twinkie does.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps I'll bait a fishing line with a twinkie and cast it in the middle...the ensuing melee should be entertaining.

Dead
04-14-2005, 05:17 PM
I know a guy who ordered 10 cheeseburgers at McDonald's and asked for a Diet Coke, because he was trying to lose weight.

What is up with all of these posts about fat people? Is there a campaign to put them in the Ms. Oot competition?

If I didn't know better, I'd say that you have a crush on these four hotties.

[censored]
04-14-2005, 05:18 PM
Sounds awesome to me I love donuts and I don't gain weight.

Boy do I love donuts.

Shajen
04-15-2005, 08:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I totally forgot about this. I've been kinda busy the last few days, but I'll see what I can put together.

Me and the OP can publish results.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

InchoateHand
04-15-2005, 09:22 AM
I brought in Krispy Kreme's today. Someone else brought in bagels. We'll see who wins.

tolbiny
04-15-2005, 09:27 AM
Its even better when they order a small diet coke.

jackdaniels
04-15-2005, 09:34 AM
I put Krispy Kreme at 2 to 1 easily, especially if you work in an office environment.

Do you have a microwave? Warm one up for about 10 seconds - the ensuing scent will render the whole comeptition moot as there won't be any donuts left after the morning coffee run.

InchoateHand
04-15-2005, 10:04 AM
Dammit! Someone else brought in some kind of home made latin pastries so we had those along with 2 dozen Krispy Kremes and a donzen bagels. We're down to about a dozen doughnuts and a half dozen bagels.

adsman
04-15-2005, 10:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this. But one is loaded with fat. One is loaded with sugar. They're not the same thing, and have very different impacts. I don't mind the fat, but don't need the sugar. Still I think it's funny when people (other than me) do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever wondered why a big mac seems to just melt in your mouth? The bun is over 95% sugar. Designed on purpose so you'll buy another one. Loaded with sugar, dude.

kerssens
04-15-2005, 10:17 AM
Its Krispy Kreme today....they just cracked into the dozen, 8 left. (7:15am)

InchoateHand
04-15-2005, 10:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ever wondered why a big mac seems to just melt in your mouth? The bun is over 95% sugar. Designed on purpose so you'll buy another one. Loaded with sugar, dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay. I don't actually eat at McDonalds but other places. Yes, I realize all crappy white bread has sugar in it, more than it needs, but it's not 95% sugar. That's absurd. And it isn't anywhere near what a soft drink has in it.

moondogg
04-15-2005, 10:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A big mac has 8 grams of sugar. That ain't much. source (http://www.mcdonalds.com/app_controller.nutrition.index1.html)

kerssens
04-15-2005, 10:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A big mac has 8 grams of sugar. That ain't much. source (http://www.mcdonalds.com/app_controller.nutrition.index1.html)

[/ QUOTE ]

In high school I had a Sausage Biscuit w/ Egg and a Big Breakfast probably 3 times a week...1200 calories and 68g of fat!! How did I not hat a massive heart attack??

adsman
04-15-2005, 10:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're kidding? You've taken your "source" as the mcdonalds web site? On nuritional facts??? I bet you watch FOX news as well, right?

Sad to say but my first ever job was at Macca's. Used to do store-room delivery at 4 in the morning. Got to be friends with one of the suppliers and he showed me the breakdown of what was really in their "food". Now, admitedly this was 1988, but still, I don't think times have changed that much. Those buns disolve in water with a vaperous sugary hiss.

kerssens
04-15-2005, 10:37 AM
Someone from another floor took one as a "reward" for being good on her diet all week..also someone snuck a second donut when I wasn't paying attention...6 left (7:33am)

*I was offered one but thought this would taint the results so didn't take one..also Krispy Kreme hits my stomach like a brick....I responded "no thanks, I had some Corn Chex and non-fat milk at home"

moondogg
04-15-2005, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're kidding? You've taken your "source" as the mcdonalds web site? On nuritional facts??? I bet you watch FOX news as well, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so you're suggesting that McDonalds is fraudulently mistating their nutional content on their website? Do you honestly think they would be able to get away with putting a marketing spin on these numbers? Do you seriously think that the sugar content in a Big Mac is anything other than what is stated on their website?

zaxx19
04-15-2005, 10:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What is up with all of these posts about fat people?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously like 2 of you have some weight issues or issues with fat people or something.

Its like constant and kind off disturbing how much you are obsessing over people eating behaviors....

Basically im imaging you guys as 140lbs nerd types who can feel better by looking down on overweight people.

Am I wrong?

Is it just me? I just dont really care THAT much about obese people. If they eat alot that really wouldnt suprise me seeing how they are obese....

Its actually kind off disturbing the way you talk about fat people like they are sub human or something.

InchoateHand
04-15-2005, 11:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Its actually kind off disturbing the way you talk about fat people like they are sub human or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sub human, just at the bottom tier of the actual human level.

kerssens
04-15-2005, 11:06 AM
Nerd types?? That's debatable.

140 lb?? Hardly....6'3" 215lb

Disturbing?? Don't open the thread.

kevyk
04-15-2005, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The bun is over 95% sugar.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is absurd.

InchoateHand
04-15-2005, 02:30 PM
So I just went back to the kitchen to get my lunch and We're down to 2 bagels and get this...There is one full donut, three half donuts, and one quarter donut. Wtf? One of the halves looks like it was cut with a knife. The other pieces were just torn. Who takes a half, much less 3/4 of a donut? And if there's already a half a donut, why not take that instead of cutting another on in half? It's anarchy back there i tell you!

housenuts
04-15-2005, 02:45 PM
http://img155.exs.cx/img155/3950/messofthemonthforjanuarymidget.jpg

InchoateHand
04-15-2005, 02:49 PM
I don't get it. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

wayabvpar
04-15-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Chuck's Donuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pity that Chuck's is the only worthwhile thing to come from anywhere NEAR Hazen /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RHS-represent,yo!

When did Chuck's move back? It was in the Highlands last time I checked, but I heard they moved again recently.

Also- I order diet soda or iced tea whenever I eat out...I like the taste better (it is more thirst-quenching). It also doesn't hurt to cut out the 500 extra calories from the supersized Coke.

housenuts
04-15-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get it. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

it's funny. fat people are funny.

actually i looked on google for a fat people are funny image because i know i've seen one before. anyways my searched yielded this picture

nolanfan34
04-15-2005, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When did Chuck's move back? It was in the Highlands last time I checked, but I heard they moved again recently.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last time I was up on that road, Chucks was there in the same spot, just like it always had been. Maybe they opened a second spot for a while?

Hazen >>>>>>> Lindbergh >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Renton

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wayabvpar
04-15-2005, 02:58 PM
I see you got your greater than and less than signs mixed up AGAIN. Not surprising, considering where you were educated! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chuck's was on Sunset by the ghetto grocery store for awhile- it was in the strip mall across the parking lot from what used to be The Colliery (and what is now Plum Delicious or something equally stupid).

kerssens
04-15-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I see you got your greater than and less than signs mixed up AGAIN. Not surprising, considering where you were educated! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chuck's was on Sunset by the ghetto grocery store for awhile- it was in the strip mall across the parking lot from what used to be The Colliery (and what is now Plum Delicious or something equally stupid).

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah! I forgot that they moved...Plum Delicious <shaking head>

Gamblor
04-15-2005, 03:05 PM
anyone got a link to that old in-n-out thread about the guy who ate a 20x20?

search proved fruitless.