PDA

View Full Version : Blind Steal w/A9o

Sasnak
04-14-2005, 02:52 PM
Villain is sLP-P < 50 Hands. He called own my TP to catch a ragged 2 pair on the river not too many hands prior to this one.

I know I sucked out on the river, but would he have folded if the J hadn't have hit? I figured with an A high I'd push this regardless of what fell and hope to outplay him post flop. Was I too aggro here or is this a decent line?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">8 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls. <font color="blue">(I didn't want to be passive nor did I want him to catch a cheap /images/graemlins/heart.gif either. I felt he'd bet into me from his earlier play and if I caught a CR he'd put me on high cards or at least a pair/2 pair?) </font>

Turn: (4.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks. <font color="blue">(I checked to see if he'd bet into me again to show strength with the intention of leading the river if he checked through or call him down if he bet.) </font>

River: (4.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 5.25 BB

Firefly
04-14-2005, 03:18 PM
ugh...pf is fine.
I'd bet the flop...unless you are almost certain that he'll bet the flop. ANd i'd probally still bet the flop, your the pf agressor, continue it on the flop.
The turn is awful...when you c/r'ed the flop, lead the bloody turn...you're just giving him free cards here.
River..yup.

droolie
04-14-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villain is sLP-P &lt; 50 Hands. He called own my TP to catch a ragged 2 pair on the river not too many hands prior to this one.

I know I sucked out on the river, but would he have folded if the J hadn't have hit? I figured with an A high I'd push this regardless of what fell and hope to outplay him post flop. Was I too aggro here or is this a decent line?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">8 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls. <font color="blue">(I didn't want to be passive nor did I want him to catch a cheap /images/graemlins/heart.gif either. I felt he'd bet into me from his earlier play and if I caught a CR he'd put me on high cards or at least a pair/2 pair?) </font>

Turn: (4.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks. <font color="blue">(I checked to see if he'd bet into me again to show strength with the intention of leading the river if he checked through or call him down if he bet.) </font>

River: (4.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 5.25 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're going to try this play on the flop leading the turn is kind of important. That said I usually just bet the flop 75% and do this the other 25%.