PDA

View Full Version : my online PLHE results

11-01-2002, 10:59 AM
The numbers are small, because thats the level I can afford to play at. I would be interested in knowing what people make of these results, in terms of: are they good results for a pot limit game? Is the hourly win way too low? Or about right?

Note that these small-blind pot limit games (I play 50c - $1 blinds) are usually characterised by a lot of minimum betting, it is only rarely that you see pot raise after pot raise.

Anyway, my results for the month of October:

Hours: 57
Profit: $340
Standard Deviation: 61

(The s.d. is calculated by an online poker diary site I use, my own understanding of s.d. is, er, negligible)

So, are these results dreadful, good, or utterly meaningless?

deadbart
11-01-2002, 12:45 PM
Mostly meaningless. I assume your SD is dollars/hour, in which case it vastly overwhelms your approx. $6/hr win rate. On the other hand, $6 an hour can't be a terrible win rate in a game where the BB is $1, so you can be happy about that /forums/images/icons/smile.gif.

11-05-2002, 07:01 AM
Rather than worrying what your SD signifies, just think about how easily $200 could disappear if you lost 2 buy-ins in a day.

But if you need numbers...
Your hourly rate isn't even really enough for your SD to stabilize, but if you take that number as a universal truth about your play in that game, you're somewhere around 75% likely to be a winner in that game, unless I'm using my normal distribution tables wrong.