PDA

View Full Version : QT - Missed value?

Perseus
04-14-2005, 02:02 PM
Okay I have a few questions with this one.

1. I don't think I should have played this hand to begin with, but I've been trying to open up a little more and the three behind me were tight. Fold PF?

2. Did I miss value here on the river? The two calls after the turn raise look like draws to me, and I thought the 6 was a scary card? Faulty reasoning? Only read I had was that UTG is semi-loose passive.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (12 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 12 BB

einbert
04-14-2005, 02:05 PM
From this position I think preflop is a fold.

Flop and turn are good, I can't see playing them differently.

When you're checked to on the river your hand is good most of the time here. You have to bet this for value, and usually call a checkraise depending on how the action goes.

PokerSparky
04-14-2005, 02:07 PM
If you're going to play QT from this spot, I like that you raised it.

I probably check this river as well.

Yodaman
04-14-2005, 02:08 PM
Even though a C/R from BB or either of them would suck, I think you're getting called by enough hands you beat to make this value bet on the river.

Don't like preflop however.

27offsooot
04-14-2005, 02:09 PM
PF: good
River: bet

meep_42
04-14-2005, 02:09 PM
Unless you're isolating a very loose UTG, this is a muck for me pf.

Bet the river.

-d

27offsooot
04-14-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Would u start playing this in MP3, CO? I thought the raise was fine, but i suppose it depends on who is limping and who is acting behind u. If it's tight behind and a crappy limper, easy raise, if it's a tough limper and some loose-passives behind, i would tend to fold it.

TheDelChop
04-14-2005, 02:16 PM
Yes you definetly missed a value bet on the end.

einbert
04-14-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Would u start playing this in MP3, CO? I thought the raise was fine, but i suppose it depends on who is limping and who is acting behind u. If it's tight behind and a crappy limper, easy raise, if it's a tough limper and some loose-passives behind, i would tend to fold it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on a lot of different things, but there's still three people that have position on you postflop. If they are likely to coldcall a lot I don't like the raise because you are going to have a weak hand OOP in a big pot. If they are aggressive and might three-bet you it sucks because you have to put three bets in and go to the flop with a most likely dominated hand OOP, but if the original limper is bad he might call the two cold and now the pot is going to be huge on the flop and you're going to have tough decisions to make OOP.

Even if the players behind me are tight, I'm still going to get threebet a decent amount since there are three players that have a chance to do it.

Give me one position later and make it QTs and I like this play.