PDA

View Full Version : some thoughts about table selection

smacksoup
04-14-2005, 01:58 PM
Im vpip 28, pfr 10 after about 20k hands, playing Party 5-10 (6 max).. and ive found that i generally go searching for the tables with the lower stacks (mostly below $200) and avoid the tables where the stacks are all above $300, because i figure that the large stacks are winners. I use PT but not playerview yet (my comp is too slow), so i cant use the general table selection guidelines. Any suggestions/comments on this mode of table selection?

J.R.
04-14-2005, 02:13 PM
<font color="red"> because i figure that the large stacks are winners </font>

do more figurin'

Rubeskies
04-14-2005, 03:37 PM
Some of the worst players (90VPIP/4PFR) sit with thousands of dollars.

billyjex
04-14-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Some of the worst players (90VPIP/4PFR) sit with thousands of dollars.

[/ QUOTE ]

These players will also have hundreds of more dollars to spew.

Sure, they guy who sits down with $87 sucks, but he will lose that money in 10 minutes.

kiddo
04-14-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
These players will also have hundreds of more dollars to spew.

Sure, they guy who sits down with $87 sucks, but he will lose that money in 10 minutes

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, bad guys with small stacks are worthless, table will be filled with good players and then break in a few minutes when bad guy loses what he got.

U want the bad ones that won a tourney or a NL-cash game or just have been very lucky or are rich from the start.

twankerr
04-14-2005, 04:12 PM
Basing your table selection on stack size for a non-capped buy-in game makes no sense. If you can sit with any amount at the table, how does your stack have any bearing on how good you are? Imagine 6 donks at a table each buying in for $300. Eventually someone is going to build a big stack, but it doesn't mean he is any good.

MAxx
04-14-2005, 04:18 PM
IMO a small stack undoubtably represents a bad player. A large stack means almost nothing. I don't mind a small stack at my table b/c they are surely bad. I can possiblly tolerate 2 small stacks at a table I am entering, but I am not real excited about it. See a small stack, defined by its very nature, can't properly compensate. They go broke quickly, and the table breaks up. I'd much rather play an equally bad player with a large stack.