PDA

View Full Version : no guts no....

cockandbull
04-14-2005, 01:38 PM
Who checkraises the river?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls.

River: (17 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB

einbert
04-14-2005, 01:39 PM
After you capped the turn? I think he's checking behind a lot of the time even with an A.

cockandbull
04-14-2005, 01:43 PM
I tend to agree with most of your posts upon reflection, so if you dont mind i'd like to ask...

[ QUOTE ]
I think he's checking behind a lot of the time with hands you beat

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think hes checking AK/AQ behind here?

[ QUOTE ]
I bet the river and call a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you think, other than AA he is holding anything that beats me?

einbert
04-14-2005, 01:45 PM
I misread the board, nevermind my original comments. I thought the flop had a T which made it very possible that he had you beat.

I still favor betting, but this time it's three-betting and calling a cap.

Gob_Bluth
04-14-2005, 05:33 PM
After the turn check-raise to cap, would mp3 not be inclined to take the 15BB in free showdown ? Your actions on the turn would spell set-to-boat (or at least set off that hunch) to a player with a decent understanding of the fact that a better hand than trip A's tk exists. Bet, and take the crying call - he's no longer looking to get check raised again.

Gob_Bluth
04-14-2005, 05:41 PM
Sorry- to add my reflections to your other questions :
Other than AA the other holding that beat you are A3, A5, and TT : Of which A3 seems highly unlikely given the raise, A5 even more unlikely since three out of four fives are accounted for (and still an unlikely raising hand from mp) and TT unlikely given villain calling a cap with two aces out. In my op YHIG, barring the AA.
Is he checking behind with AK / AQ- player dependent : What's his river AF ? Given the turn action, he ought to- and most likely will, unless a completely aggro donk.
That's just my 2 cts though.

A read on villain would help- I try to take in opp's AF on specific streets into account, though sample sizes don't always make this reliable.

private joker
04-14-2005, 05:50 PM
After the turn cap, you have to bet the river. But I'd think about just calling the turn 3-bet so he starts thinking his trip aces are good. He'll value bet the river every time, then you can get your trifecta in.

Also, it would suck if the river was a K or Q that filled him up. A turn cap might be necessary to get bets from him in before he runner runners you.

After you get your first trifecta, you can go back to playing this optimally, which includes the line you took.

cockandbull
04-16-2005, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
After you get your first trifecta, you can go back to playing this optimally, which includes the line you took.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the reason i posted, I'm still a virgin and wanted to join the fun.

Your post sums up my thinking...i messed up the turn. should have called the 3-bet and hoped he had me pinned on the other A.