PDA

View Full Version : An easy PF fold despite limpers or bad play post flop with QTs

Meatmaw
04-14-2005, 01:10 PM
Did I play this QTs too weakly? Along for the ride with so many limpers, I wasn't sure how to play the JT3 flop, and how to react to the caller.

Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: Qwcslvr (1620 in chips)
Seat 2: tobybirddog (1080 in chips)
Seat 3: HERO (1390 in chips)
Seat 4: Mackymac (2310 in chips)
Seat 5: Koco5 (1330 in chips)
Seat 6: Dare-Rock (2350 in chips)
Seat 7: Harley_West (1440 in chips)
Seat 8: Stevo72 (1090 in chips)
Seat 9: Holiday12 (890 in chips)
Koco5: posts small blind 15
Dare-Rock: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to HERO [Qs Ts]
Harley_West: folds
Stevo72: folds
Holiday12: calls 30
Qwcslvr: calls 30
tobybirddog: calls 30
HERO: calls 30
Mackymac: folds
Koco5: calls 15
Dare-Rock: checks
*** FLOP *** [3s Jc Td]
Koco5: checks
Dare-Rock: checks
Holiday12: checks
Qwcslvr: checks
tobybirddog: checks
HERO: bets 120
Koco5: calls 120
Dare-Rock: folds
Holiday12: folds
Qwcslvr: folds
tobybirddog: folds
*** TURN *** [3s Jc Td] [Js]
Koco5: bets 90
HERO: calls 90
*** RIVER *** [3s Jc Td Js] [Ah]
Koco5: checks
HERO: checks

hummusx
04-14-2005, 02:22 PM
I insta-fold this hand, 'despite limpers'. I also play Party where stacks aren't so deep. Still though, I think this is one of those hands that's going to get your in more trouble than not.

kyro
04-14-2005, 02:54 PM
After this many limpers it's a fine call as long as you know how to play it postflop. Don't bet the flop. With 5 other people, you really think you have the best hand here? Just check and play the turn from there.

number5858
04-14-2005, 02:55 PM
Your play on this hand will depend on what site you are playing on and what stage of the tournament you are at. If this is Party where you only start with 800 chips, then this is an instant fold for me. If it is stars where you start with 1500 chips, then you have a bit more room.

Preflop, the pot is 135 when you must make your decision. The pot is offering you 4.5 - 1 odds. I don't think that is good enough to call with your hand. If you have QJs or KQs, then I would call. To call with your hand, I think you need bigger odds of say 6 or 7 - 1. What are you looking to hit here on the flop. Middle pair decent kicker is not it. On the flop early in the tournament with so many callers, I think you need two diamonds, two 10s, two Qs, or a draw to an open ended straight to play on the flop. I check the flop when I only get middle pair decent kicker looking to check fold.

Later on in the tournament, then I think you can play this hand differently. In late position, you could pop it 3 BB preflop looking to steal. You could even go all in looking to steal if you were a bit short stacked.