PDA

View Full Version : can you find a fold here?

anduril
04-14-2005, 12:44 PM
5-10 absolute, however I know the button very well and he knows me and is a very good, thinking player.

4 limpers and button raises, i call in SB with 77, everyone calls.

flop is Q 3 7r.

I bet, everyone calls.

turn is J.

I bet, 2 calls and button also calls.

river is 10.

I bet, folded to button who raises. Does he do this with ANY hand I can beat?

CanKid
04-14-2005, 12:47 PM
pay him off

Pokey
04-14-2005, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, any two pair. He had pot odds to limp PF with lots of speculative crap, so you could be up against QJ, QT, JT, Q7, or Q3. If he had QQ or JJ, he would have chosen to fatten up this pot on the flop or turn, since his raise wouldn't drive anybody away. The only thing that could have you beaten here is TT, and of the full range of possible hands in this situation, that's highly unlikely: remember, if he had TT, he still called a $10 bet on the turn with two overpairs on the board.

YHIG; make it three.

<font color="blue">Edit to say: Ooops; I forgot he didn't limp PF; he raised. That changes things. Cancel the Q7, the Q3, and the JT. He could still play this way with KK or AA, but if he's got big slick you're busted, and if he decided (for some reason) to slow down with QQ or JJ, you're dead.

Don't make it three, but pay him off.</font>

shark6
04-14-2005, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does he do this with ANY hand I can beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Maybe he has QJs or QTs.

The question is then should you 3-bet?

I don't think so. I'd just call and see what he flips up.

nolanfan34
04-14-2005, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he might. It's hard to put him on something like AQ or KQ that you beat, since he would have raised earlier for sure with those. I'd think that AK would raise the flop with all of those callers, to try to maybe buy a free card, but he certainly could be check/calling with it.

You'd think that AA or KK would find a raise in there somewhere, but maybe he wanted to keep the callers in?

In the end though, I'm going with QTs as my final answer. That is the only holding for him that seems to make sense given the action. I think you have to call him down.

Interesting hand reading exercise.

SunOfaJack
04-14-2005, 01:21 PM
Pay him off, call. you will lose most of the time, but you could have some hands that play this way beat.

I would think JTs would be the best bet for the hand you beat, there were 4 limpers and he had button.

With QTs or QJs, there would've been a turn raise. Also with AK that has you beat, wouldn't he raise flop for free card.

Yobz
04-14-2005, 03:13 PM
Anyone go for a c/r on the flop?

J.R.
04-14-2005, 03:23 PM
a c/r is awful IMO. why would u (if u would)

TripleH68
04-14-2005, 03:37 PM
You are getting around 17:1. Call expecting to lose. Don't be slow to compliment button.

SGS
04-14-2005, 04:17 PM
I can't, but then again I can't really think of any hand he plays this way that you beat if you say that he is a good thinking player. I pay him off but don't like it.

SGS

anduril
04-15-2005, 09:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but then again I can't really think of any hand he plays this way that you beat if you say that he is a good thinking player

[/ QUOTE ]

finally!! You guys keep putting my opponent on hands, but what does a good thinking player put on me? 12 small bets in the pot on the flop, there is zero chance I bet into that big a field without 1010 or 77 and he knows this. Now how do you like my hand on the end?

adamstewart
04-15-2005, 10:13 AM
FOLDING IS THE WORST OF THREE OPTIONS.

Once again: YOUR FOLD WAS ***TERRIBLE!!!***

Adam

BigEndian
04-15-2005, 10:19 AM
I understand what you're saying, but I call on the end because I think the pot odds are laying me strong enough in case he even accidentally mis-clicked.

I even managed to say that without using all-caps and a million exclamation marks. I must be odd.

- Jim

adamstewart
04-15-2005, 10:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I understand what you're saying, but I call on the end because I think the pot odds are laying me strong enough in case he even accidentally mis-clicked.

I even managed to say that without using all-caps and a million exclamation marks. I must be odd.

- Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that some sort of dig at me?

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Adam

chesspain
04-15-2005, 10:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

- Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that some sort of dig at me?

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

YES!!!

SunOfaJack
04-15-2005, 10:33 AM
Call. Again big pot, your closing the action, call "misclick" value as other poster pointed out, and you get the bonus of finding out what he had.

I really think the most likeliest of hands for him are TT, JTs and AK (this one really depends on how aggressive he would've been with it). In any case, you beat JTs, just call.

A /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Sifmole
04-15-2005, 10:46 AM
"5-10 absolute, however I know the button very well and he knows me and is a very good, thinking player."

So he knows you, he probably knows your tendencies. He is a thinking player and knows there is scary straight on the board. He knows that if you will fold your hand 1 time in 10 to this re-raise he makes money by betting this with 72o.

You are basically worried about AK, AKo, QQ, JJ, TT, 89. What might he have open raised with? certainly AK,QQ,JJ,TT but we can also likely add in KK, AQs, KQs. I am not sure we find more that are likely open raises against 4 limpers.

So yes there are a significant number of hands he can likely have that would have you beat. But the turn play is telling: I would believe any QQ, JJ, TT is raising here not just calling. Would you have raised QQ, JJ, TT in his place?

It sure seems like he may have AK, but that might be just what he wants you to think..... Win this call once in ten, and you are good. You fold here and you basically need to avoid playing against this guy in the future.