PDA

View Full Version : Poker prophecy capturing 53% of my results since March 28.

allenciox
04-14-2005, 11:44 AM
FYI, for those interested in Poker prophecy... I sent this email to their support:

I have been monitoring my results on a daily basis since March 28, and have found that you are getting only about 53% of them. Each one of these has been a sit and go game under the "regular" heading. I thought I would let you know, since you are claiming much higher "catch" rates. However, on the positive side, I have yet to observe a loss go down as a win or vice versa, or any of my results captured on the wrong "buyin" amounts. Here are the results you show for me since then, and also the actual results.
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
Yours actual
$200: 1 win, 3 losses 3 wins, 4 losses
$100 12 wins, 26 losses 24 wins, 45 losses
</pre><hr />
Total: 42 recorded, 76 actual, for 53% catch rate.

citanul
04-14-2005, 11:45 AM
perhaps a post here might have been more interesting once you have a response from their support. as it is, we all already know that poker prophecy sucks.

citanul

Apathy
04-14-2005, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
perhaps a post here might have been more interesting once you have a response from their support. as it is, we all already know that poker prophecy sucks.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

ya but we already know what their gonna say too....

citanul
04-14-2005, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

ya but we already know what their gonna say too....

[/ QUOTE ]

you think they'll fire him as a customer?

1C5
04-14-2005, 11:53 AM
ha ha ha ha ha

citanul
04-14-2005, 11:57 AM
tyvm, i'll be here all week.

citanul

Irieguy
04-14-2005, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

you think they'll fire him as a customer?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if you're kidding or not, but they actually DO this.

They sent out a message saying:

"we're really doing a good job now, blah blah, give us some feedback."

We tracked our play one night and they were catching less than 50% of our games and even crediting wins when they were actually losses.

So, Zen sent an email explaining this and his account got cancelled.

Now, how exactly is that NOT stealing?

Irieguy

Apathy
04-14-2005, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
tyvm, i'll be here all week.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

So I subtly make a joke about him being fired and you get the credit... sheesh. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

citanul
04-14-2005, 12:02 PM
well if they give the money back after they cancel your acct, it's not stealing.

The Yugoslavian
04-14-2005, 01:29 PM
Told you so, /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

Yugoslav
Who thinks Prophecy is rigged more than Party...

allenciox
04-14-2005, 01:35 PM
I guess the good part of this is I have yet to see any indication that they are doing anything more than just "missing" tournaments. If they just get a percentage, and the results are at least representative, then they're pretty useful for comparing players.

allenciox
04-14-2005, 05:20 PM
I got an email reply from Adam Schultz. Here it is:

Thank you, we will continue to work on our catch rates. You sample is pretty big, but on the other hand, we record about 30,000 games a day so it could be random fluctuation too.

I appreciate the feedback.

Best Regards,

Adam Schultz
President
Online Gaming Statistics Inc.

J-Lo
04-14-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I got an email reply from Adam Schultz. Here it is:

Thank you, we will continue to work on our catch rates. You sample is pretty big, but on the other hand, we record about 30,000 games a day so it could be random fluctuation too.

I appreciate the feedback.

Best Regards,

Adam Schultz
President
Online Gaming Statistics Inc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can they ride the fence anymore? Give a real response, sheesh.