PDA

View Full Version : New Party 25NL comment, Deep stacks, passive play KK preflop

DMACM
04-14-2005, 11:00 AM
I used to think KK was certainly worth an all in preflop on the Party 25NL tables but now im not so sure. The players are so loose and passive that there seems to be little chance that a typical player puts all his stack in with less than KK. Therefore I no longer feel KK is worth an all in preflop on these tables. Almost every all in preflop it seems is KK vs AA, with KK thinking he was "unlucky" to be dealt into that situation but he "had to."

canis582
04-14-2005, 11:13 AM
Its best to get in a healthy raise pre-flop and let someone get TPTK or a draw. Check BIG raise from early position at a laggro table is a good isolation play. From .50, make it 2.5 from 2 make it 6-10 etc.

DMACM
04-14-2005, 11:29 AM
I think thats great advice but say you make that big check raise and a passive player moves in would you fold KK here?

canis582
04-14-2005, 11:40 AM
I had AA on the button last night someone made it 2, I made it 6. He called my 6 and pushed on the flop which was a blank. He had 99. So yes, i would call. if you are beat, you are beat.

Rosencrantz1
04-14-2005, 11:51 AM
But, wow, a big difference between calling all-in on a ragged flop and pushing all in PF. I mean, you felt confident calling because the flop was low and, well, if he was sitting on trip 5s or something, so be it.

If the flop had come K-Q-x would you have called? What if it was a three-flush?

Would I call an all-in with AA or KK on the button? Likely, but not a 100% lock. But I doubt I would open-push with them. You're only going to get called by stuff that has a good chance of catching up to you. Even more so with KK.

I would say that unless have a stone cold read on the other guy AND are in a gambling mood just make a nice raise (I like a pot-sized raise here).

DMACM
04-14-2005, 11:54 AM
Its just been my experiance lately that 9 times out of 10 that 3rd raise is AA not 99. Anyone out there agree with me or no?

zaxx19
04-14-2005, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I used to think KK was certainly worth an all in preflop on the Party 25NL tables but now im not so sure

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong. You are experiencing variance. Continue to play KK aggressively preflop by reraising almost every time.

Dont be afraid to get it all in especially if you already have a decent amount of chips in the pot(ie the pot is offering good odds.)

tdarko
04-14-2005, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Its just been my experiance lately that 9 times out of 10 that 3rd raise is AA not 99. Anyone out there agree with me or no?

[/ QUOTE ]
its not AA often enough to suggest folding KK here. literally two minutes ago ($25NL party) i open raised UTG with KK $2 and was raised to $8 so i pushed and he flips JJ and i take down a big pot. obviously only one example but i can seriously count how many times i have ran into AA with KK and i think thats why it seems like it happens a lot because you remember the ones that hurt, you get fuzzy when it comes to everything below it because it is standard.

DMACM
04-14-2005, 02:54 PM
Alright I guess I have just been seeing that a lot lately. Thanks for the advice. I'll admit I used to go all in with QQ a lot preflop but now with the deep stacks and the fact that it seems kids never bluff its changed things for me. I find that theres a lot of chips not in the pot on the river as well and have a similar problem, in which the pot odds entice me to call but I am fairly inclined to think my passive opponent has me beat.

sourbeaver
04-14-2005, 09:17 PM
I experience some frustration with KK all-in preflop as it seems I will dominate most small stacks (10-60BB) and will be against AA when a full stack (100BB) comes in.

I'm most certain this is just an impression though. I will have to check my PT database to see how often I get called by dominated hands.