PDA

View Full Version : Heads up tourney hand for review.

KHALI
04-14-2005, 10:15 AM
Last night I played in a 32 person heads up tourney. I won my first match and in my second match was up against a player who I would classify as properly loose(maybe a bit more than that) and semi aggressive but not tricky.

We start with 1500 in chips and the blinds are now at 20/40. I am big blind and am dealt K8offsuit(I will leave the suits out because to be honest I didn't remember the suits during the course of the hand. I know brutal).
The sb raises to 100 and I call. Standard call here I assume? I have seen him raise and call raises with suited cards, and offsuit connected as well as standard Ax etc...

Flop comes J83 all spades. I check and opponent bets out 50. I call to see what develops although I am totally prepared to fold on turn.

Turn is Kh. I check opponent bets 100. I raise to 300. What do you think of raising here? I would probably hate a reraise but have to call with a possible redraw if he has flush. His bets sort of seem like the milk machine is on and he likes his hand. Is this a case of I should bet my good hands that may already be beat and have no redraw but check my hands that might be beat but can redraw?

Opponent quickly calls. What do you put him on at this point? I figure to call this bet he must either have a draw to a big flush or a small flush that he is looking to trap me with(maybe afraid of better flush?) That's why I liked the check raise on turn because it could look like a flush waking up.

River is 6spades putting four spades on board. I check and he bets 500. At this point I look at my cards and see that my king is the K of spades. I originally put him on the ace spades drawing(after turn call). Would you call this bet or would you raise?

Knowing that my K was the K spades how differently would you play easch street?

This was my first heads up tourney so I was out of my comfort zone for sure.

Any thought appreciated especially about the turn check raise decision. I know the flop call was on the loose side(considering I wasn't aware I had Ks) but heads up is it not too out of line to see how he responds here with a board that has to be scary for him as well if it didn't hit him?