PDA

View Full Version : Clueless on the bubble (for once)

kyro
04-14-2005, 09:56 AM
I had no idea what to do here. 4-handed, Party 55.

Blinds (100/200)

Hero (SB): ~3800
BB: ~490
UTG: ~3400
Button: ~2500

Hero is dealt AKo
UTG limps, button folds. Hero?

I just realized the BB folded this hand...I had no idea he was away. I was ITM at 3 tables and HU at one so I was bouncing back and forth. My plan at first was to complete and hope BB raised all in. UTG would call and then I would reraise all in. But now I see we're on the bubble. UGH. Let's assume BB isn't away, how do we play this hand?

1C5
04-14-2005, 10:02 AM
I don't like just limping here for 2 reasons.
1. Not many non 2+2ser from the BB will push after you limp.
2. If he does simply check on the flop there is as much of a chance that one of his cards will hit compared to an A or K hitting on the flop.

I like a 2.5-3X BB raise here.

Scuba Chuck
04-14-2005, 10:07 AM
Well, you have to define what UTG is doing here, IMO. Frankly, I think he's telling the table (you) that if no one wants to take BB on, to put him out, he's willing to do it, so I'll limp in.

Frankly, I think you should raise here. Probably to 800 chips. You do not want to go into this 3 handed, IMO. And if BB folds, UTG is likely to fold as well.

Apathy
04-14-2005, 12:11 PM
I would probably just overbet all in preflop, but raising and pushing the flop isnt bad either i guess. Your plan is good too, nice and creative. If you had a larger chip lead on the utg limper (1000 chips at least) then I like your play, otherwise push or raise big.

AA suited
04-14-2005, 01:41 PM
or utg has a monster and wants callers, thus the limp.

raise to 800. i fold if re-raised.

if called, and the flop doesnt hit you, then tread carefully. you dont want to risk your whole stack vs another big stack when shortstack has 2bb left.