PDA

View Full Version : Bubble fold, too weak?

lutefisk
04-14-2005, 08:39 AM
UB $20+2 STT
All 3 others have been playing solid, slightly passive, and I've been able to steal blinds fairly regularly. I then give the chips back by going to the end with 2nd best hands. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Anyway, he hasn't been doing this too often. It's probably a coin flip, and I think I should wait for better since I've still got >10BB. I'm pretty sure that him being <10BB should make me more inclined to call, but I decided it wasn't enough more to tip the scales.

Thoughts?

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t4080)
UTG (t4630)
Button (t2945)
Hero (t3345)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold, Button goes all-in for 2945, 2 folds </font>.

Final Pot: t450

spentrent
04-14-2005, 08:53 AM
You have an insignificant amount greater than 10BBs -- don't think that you must call with a hand like 88 because your stack is near or less than 10BBs. Also don't think that villain is necessarily pushing "trash" because his stack is also 10BBs.

The "10BBs or less rule" applies to your pushing standards, not your calling standards. If you think that there's enough play left in this tournament such that you can double up OR just survive to the money without taking what is likely a coinflip, then fold here. He could have something as trashtastic as J9 here and still make you regret calling with 88.

You're better off being the guy pushing a hand like J9 later then calling with a hand like 88 now.