PDA

View Full Version : Moving up or expand tables?

Mandingo
04-14-2005, 07:55 AM
My first post here.

Im playing mostly at 1/2 at Prima (2 SH and 1 full ring)Im having some thaughts about either moving up to 2/4 or expanding my multitabling to 4 tables. If i choose to move up I think I'll start to play with just only one table. Any comments or suggestions?

ChromePony
04-14-2005, 08:45 AM
If you have the bankroll for 2/4 ($1200) and are comfortable with the higher limit it makes the most sense to move up. The game probably isnt a whole lot different and as you start to get more comfortable you should be able to add another table or two up there. Maybe take a stab at 1 2/4 table and see how it feels to be involved in bigger pots. If you can handle it psychologically and monetarily theres no real reason to stay behind.

Gob_Bluth
04-14-2005, 08:54 AM
Also new -

Do you already use Pokertracker combined with playerview ? Having stats on the other players is a great help, but honestly it took me a while to adjust to 'reading' them while playing. If not, get used to using this on your current level, improve your game using them and then consider moving up.

crunchy1
04-14-2005, 08:56 AM
I'm not really sure that I can find a correlation between the two options.

Moving up in limits should be determined by your ability to play comfortably at your new level. I say comfort level to include: Proper bankroll size (~$1200 or so for 2/4), psychological comfort of playing for bigger bets/pots, playing against players that will be a bit higher in skill level, etc.

Moving up in the number of tables you play at one time should be deteremined by the amount of discipline and concentration you have to handle switching between the windows and making quick, accurate decisions with zero mis-clicks.

Personally I don't like mutli-tabling at 2 different limits at the same time so I tend not to agree with the standard advice of playing 2-3 tables of 1/2 and slowly (starting w/1 table) adding in tables of 2/4. If you're going to take shots at 2/4 my personal preference would be to run as many 2/4 tables as you feel comfortable (be careful of running too few tables - as you could fall into the 'too many hands trap' if the action is going by slower than you're used to). Take a shot at 2/4 one or two nights of the week - and play your regular games the other nights. Move up to 2/4 full time when you feel your ready! Good Luck!!!

crunchy1
04-14-2005, 08:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you already use Pokertracker combined with playerview ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe that Playerview is not supported on the Prima sites.