PDA

View Full Version : AK hand

wiuwiu
04-14-2005, 07:18 AM
This is my first post here.

After beating the 10/20 Party 6-max for a good 2BB/100 over my first 30k hands, I'm barely breaking even over the last 40k.

Time to look into some hands I guess.

No reads except for PT stats.
MP is 33/4/1 over 200 hands, BB seems to be a loose passive calling station - 49/7/0.5 over 85 hands

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero ?

In the last time many opponents suddenly bet out on the turn on all kind of boards and often it's hard to make sense of this. The board isn't very dangerous but then again, those guys could have almost anything.

So my question is, Is this an easy calldown?
Should I rather raise to try to knock out the BB, going for the free showdown if I don't improve?
Or should I find a fold here or on the river unimproved?

All comments appreciated.

wuarhg
04-14-2005, 08:27 AM
I would fold this one since the BB is still in the pot. But on the other hand you are getting 5.75 to 1. I think my first option would be fold, if you're going to play raising would be the better option over calling in my mind.