04-14-2005, 05:18 AM
William Hill No-Limit Hold'em, £0.50-£1, £100 max buy-in (6 handed) converter

UTG+1 (£85)
CO (£95)
Button (£60)
SB Hero (£120)
BB (£85)
UTG (Villian) (£90)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Hero posts a blind of £0.5.
Villian raises to £2, 3 fold, Hero (poster) calls £1.50, BB calls £1.

Flop: (£6) 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, Villian bets £4, Hero raises to £14, BB calls, Villian calls.

Turn: (£48) 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif (3 players)
Hero bets £30, BB folds, Villian calls.

River: (£108) A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 players)
Hero checks, Villian bets £44 (all-in), Hero calls.

Final Pot: £196

I was multi-tabling so hadn't been paying too much attention to the players. I did however have a note on Villain that says he cant let go of draws. Originally I thought I was up against a lone A /images/graemlins/heart.gif here, but I didn't like the turn card, nor the flat call. I decided to check river because I was worried of full, but when he bet all-in I didn't think I could fold given the size of the pot. Any thoughts on hand would be greatly appreciated. Il post results later.

xorbie
04-14-2005, 05:31 AM
First of all, fold pre-flop. Second of all, the only hand you're really afraid of is AA with the A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, or possibly A/images/graemlins/heart.gif with a Q/J/T/images/graemlins/heart.gif. This is a prety easy river call I think.

zaxx19
04-14-2005, 05:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
First of all, fold pre-flop

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell are thinking calling a raise in the worst possible position with KXs?? Im really curious /images/graemlins/confused.gif

JonLines
04-14-2005, 06:14 AM
Good guess, he had A /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I was originally really annoyed, but then after that, I started to think what could he be calling me with. I think AA was the best case scenario. Im thinking maybe I should of bet less on the turn? That way if I am beaten he would feel more obliged to raise it, but with me betting it so hard he can let me do the work, also would make the river less of an insta-call if he pushes.

In regards to calling with K 9 suited, this is a 6 max table, with 100BB stacks, against weak tight players, it was only a min-raise, and no other players were yet in the hand. Id call with a lot more than that, unless they have a good hand/draw, you can steal almost any pot, making most 2 cards profitable. Also playing so many starting hands (and obviously sometimes getting caught out on bluffs, or catching top weak kicker), means the pay offs on my nut hands are way bigger. Why do you think they both called my £14 flop check-raise? (And yes I guess that does kind of answer my own question of, 'why wont they fold?')

zaxx19
04-14-2005, 07:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
unless they have a good hand/draw, you can steal almost any pot,

[/ QUOTE ]

And the rest of what you said has alot of worth WHEN YOU HAVE POSITION.

In the SB I cant imagine this is a profitable call.

Of cousre I dont play 6 man so ......take what I say with a grain of salt. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

PinkSteel
04-14-2005, 08:07 AM
I would have bet substantially more on the turn, ~50-60, not less. That is your point of maximum leverage, if you say Villain can't get away from draws. You almost certainly have the winner there, and you should be charging him very dearly to see another card, which, now that the board is paired, could sink you a number of ways.

He was stubborn enough to call your flop raise, test him hard on the turn.

thatpfunk
04-14-2005, 08:23 AM
It's a min-raise. Min raises mean nothing in 6max.

JonLines
04-14-2005, 10:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And the rest of what you said has alot of worth WHEN YOU HAVE POSITION.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what I said has a lot of worth regardless of my position. I like to control these games, and I am happy to play out of position. Obviously if I have position, then it is easier to play such hands, but luckily my opponents generally don't know how to play their position properly. If it was a good player that min-raised, then I would lay down my hand. The main place I find this hand profitable is when I flop a flush draw, I can bet into the hand, and then check raise them for their stack if my flush falls on the turn, I find this often gets paid off.

In regards to pinksteal, what is your aim with the 50-60 turn bet? Are you trying to get him off the hand? Or charge him more for the call? He only has £74 left at this point, so if the aim is to get him off, surely I should just push, as I am not going to fold to a further £14 whatever happens. Could you go into more detail please as to your intentions with this bet. I think I either bet too little or too much, and I cant decide which, would be helpful to see your analysis for betting more (odds on him hitting outs etc if I am ahead).

PinkSteel
04-14-2005, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what is your aim with the 50-60 turn bet? Are you trying to get him off the hand? Or charge him more for the call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Charge him for the call. If you think you have the best of it at the turn, but your opponent could improve on the river to beat you -- and everything you've said indicates this is the likely case -- then you want to charge him at the turn as much as you think he will call, reducing his implied odds and boosting your EV as much as possible.

I don't want to push him off the hand. But you said he can't let go of a draw, so charge him through the nose for it.