PDA

View Full Version : The man that exemplifies Bush/Cheney ethics

jokerswild
04-14-2005, 04:14 AM
_ House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, R-Texas: Wife and daughter were paid more than $500,000 since 2001 for working for DeLay's campaign and political action committees.

whiskeytown
04-14-2005, 05:09 AM
It is my sincere belief that Delay will be the anchor that drags the House Majority to the minority in 2006 -

So stop slamming my good man. Let him have all the money he wants....he's gonna lose his job soon - the Republicans in Congress tend to suddenly grow moral and replace leadership when one of them is established as a nasty [censored] (re. Trent Lott) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RB

zaxx19
04-14-2005, 05:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It is my sincere belief that Delay will be the anchor that drags the House Majority to the minority in 2006 -

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, bc voters in hotly contested districts (almost all of which are outside Texas) are definitely gonna be swayed by a 2 yr old quasi scandal involving Tom Delay...

Swing and a miss.

BCPVP
04-14-2005, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the Republicans in Congress tend to suddenly grow moral and replace leadership when one of them is established as a nasty [censored] (re. Trent Lott)

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a bad thing? I would hope (though it's clear it doesn't happen) that the Dems would do this too...

jaxmike
04-14-2005, 02:15 PM
And Barbara Boxer doesn't pay her son in the same basic manner?

This is nonsense, the whole issue is nonsense.

Before you speak of things that you are clearly incapable of discussing intelligently you should research the facts.

EDIT: fixed grammar to appease the grammar Nazi Dead.

Dead
04-14-2005, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Before you speak of things you are clearly incapable of discussion intelligently you should research the facts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to translate this? Thanks.

jaxmike
04-14-2005, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Before you speak of things you are clearly incapable of discussion intelligently you should research the facts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to translate this? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I was configuring a router while I was writing that, I lost my place. I will edit the post, you grammar Nazi.

Dead
04-14-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I will edit the post, you grammar Nazi.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, regular Nazi.

jaxmike
04-14-2005, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I will edit the post, you grammar Nazi.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, regular Nazi.

[/ QUOTE ]

Prove it. Where have I EVER said anything REMOTELY Nazi-ish. Keep calling names when someone dominates you, that worked for the Democrats for a while, doesn't anymore though.

Dead
04-14-2005, 02:30 PM
It was a joke. Touchy touchy.

kurto
04-14-2005, 02:40 PM
The other day you posted that you two were friends and that he wasn't a bad guy. Were you joking?

Felix_Nietsche
04-14-2005, 02:46 PM
I'm sure you'll be attacking Democrat politcians who employ their children in campaigns well....right?

This a falls under category about people who live in glass houses should not throw stones....

Dead
04-14-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The other day you posted that you two were friends and that he wasn't a bad guy. Were you joking?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that was obvious sarcasm. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Most people on here know that I can't stand jaxmike. I even tried to get him banned when he wouldn't let up on his ridiculous personal attacks. Nothing doing.

jaxmike
04-14-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure you'll be attacking Democrat politcians who employ their children in campaigns well....right?

This a falls under category about people who live in glass houses should not throw stones....

[/ QUOTE ]

I know Boxer employs/ed her son, but you don't hear much about that do ya?

kurto
04-14-2005, 03:12 PM
"I thought that was obvious sarcasm." I usually just go to the poker forums, so I don't know any of the personalities here. It was always possible that he was a decent guy who just became an *ss when certain topics came up. I took you at your word at the time.

But the more I've read of the guy, I was losing the ability to see him in any positive light. Rude, dumb, closeminded, bigotted... I kept reading the two of your interactions and I kept asking myself, "is this the banter of 2 friends pushing each other's buttons?"

You have confirmed my 'read'. You and the little troll couldn't possibly be friends.

kurto
04-14-2005, 03:15 PM
Rathar then excusing one side or the other, they should all be examined and dealt with properly.

If they broke the law, take action.

Its so tiresome when one politician breaks the law and people in their party are ready to excuse it and immediately start pointing the finger at the other side.

If Delay broke some rules, kick his butt out. If Boxer broke the same rules, kick her butt out.

People need to be a little more consistant in applying their principles.

thatpfunk
04-14-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

Well why don't you cite something and show how much she pays him? Without citing it is just an accusation.

BCPVP
04-14-2005, 04:15 PM
Joker's fallen hook-line-and-sinker for the leftist media's attack on DeLay.
A Washington Bouquet: Hire a Lawmaker's Kid (http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-sonsday222jun22,1,5358039.story?ctrack=1&cset=true )

Why People in Glass Houses Shouldn't Throw Stones (http://www.latimes.com/media/acrobat/2003-06/8306315.pdf)

More evidence (http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-campaign14apr14,1,2347989.story) that this isn't strictly limited to DeLay.

Felix_Nietsche
04-14-2005, 04:21 PM
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/1379415/posts
Paul Pelosi was treasurer for the Nancy Pelosi for Congress campaign.

Children working and getting paid to work for their parents campaign is pretty common.
Attacking DeLay for do what Democrats like Pelosi do is the EPITOME of hyprocrisy...

By the way, Pelosi was just fined $21K for violated campaign laws. Unlike Pelosi, she has been found guilty of violating rules....

jaxmike
04-14-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

Well why don't you cite something and show how much she pays him? Without citing it is just an accusation.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, Pelosi in trouble... http://www.rollcall.com/pub/49_75/news/4293-1.html

On this issue, from O'Reily's show interviewing Comstock...

[ QUOTE ]
O'REILLY: OK, but wait, wait, wait, wait. We know The New York Times is after Delay. I mean, everybody knows it. And we know that it's not a new story. But what is new is the $500,000 figure.

So a year ago, it was like $350,000. But I have here in my hand all the people, because that's what the Republicans are doing. They're going - they're doing what they should never do - justifying perhaps bad behavior by pointing to other perhaps bad behavior.

Never do that. But here are all the lists of people. Barbara Boxer, you know, it's on and on and on and on. None of them come close to what Delay has paid his wife and daughter. $500,000 is a lot of money. And I think the appearance of that sends the wrong message to America.

COMSTOCK: Well, it's important to understand the FAC, you know, said that this is entirely legal. What you have to do is make sure it's the people involved who are being paid, are doing, you know, legitimate campaign activities which in this case they are. Nobody's questioning that.

O'REILLY: OK.

COMSTOCK: So it's something - you know, they took this lump sum over years. A number of the other stories that talk about, say, Barbara boxer's son they just look at one year. But when you look at - so they took a whole bunch of years and lumped it all together.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://political-stuff.blogspot.com/2005/04/political-payrolls-include-families.html

Shows that (its an article from the latimes)...

[ QUOTE ]
Altogether, at least 10 lawmakers in the 53-member California House delegation have hired family members, according to records and interviews.

Rep. Pete Stark (D-Hayward) paid his wife, Deborah, $119,000 from his campaign fund over the last four years to serve as his campaign manager, records show. In the last election, she earned $2,400 a month as campaign manager and was awarded a $2,400 bonus.

"It's just a matter of paying her for the professional job she was doing," Stark said.

In addition, Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) paid her son, a lawyer, $130,000 over four years to run her political action committee, according to her campaign filings.

[/ QUOTE ]

kurto
04-14-2005, 04:28 PM
I still don't get why people are defending Delay. If it was wrong for Democrats to do it, then its wrong for Republicans.

I wish people would pick a principle and stick to it consistantly regardless of which political party offends.

BCPVP
04-14-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I still don't get why people are defending Delay. If it was wrong for Democrats to do it, then its wrong for Republicans.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's the thing though. It hasn't been shown to be illegal or wrong, but DeLay is being raked over the coals now because he's a top GOP leader and he's up for re-election.

If it was illegal, you can be sure I'd be against DeLay too.

jaxmike
04-14-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's the thing though. It hasn't been shown to be illegal or wrong, but DeLay is being raked over the coals now because he's a top GOP leader and he's up for re-election.

If it was illegal, you can be sure I'd be against DeLay too.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's right, nothing as of yet that has "come out" about DeLay has been illegal. Pelosi on the other hand....

kurto
04-14-2005, 05:12 PM
Let me start by saying I haven't followed this issue too deeply. Since my subscription to Time Magazine ran out, most of my news lately comes from the Daily Show and the News section of Yahoo News.

I was under the impression that he made an 'ethics violation.' Which I assume is written somewhere and has some rules. If its wrong (which I assume it is to some degree to merit this attention when he and Pelosi have done it.) then treat everyone the same.

I just hate, on any issue, when someone does a politician does something wrong, 2/3 of their party flock to their side, excuse the action and point out how the other side did it. They fail to mention that when the other side did it first, they found 'it' to be unexcuseable.

Not to mention the Clinton years... but I remember when they were going after Clinton for the Monica ugliness... one of the Republicans involved in the proceedings stepped down because he was having an affair, cheating on his wife. The other Republicans pleaded for him to stay. (I wish I could remember his name so that I could reference it.) It struck me that the guy stepping down showed some integrity... while his peers were showing their lack of principles and pure partisanship.

And I have no doubt you could post similar examples when Democrats have done the same thing.

It just makes everyone look like a bunch of donkeys.

Dead
04-14-2005, 05:13 PM
His name was Livingston. He was going to be Speaker of the House, but thanks to Larry Flynt of Hustler, his hypocrisy was exposed.

Bob Livingston.

link (http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/1998/12/19/livingston.quits/)

jaxmike
04-14-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
His name was Livingston. He was going to be Speaker of the House, but thanks to Larry Flynt of Hustler, his hypocrisy was exposed.

Bob Livingston.

link (http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/1998/12/19/livingston.quits/)

[/ QUOTE ]

Let us not forget who committed perjury, was disbarred, and was guilty of the same basic thing, yet didn't have the decency to do the same as Mr. Livingston.

Instead, he stayed in office and continued to traitorously allow China access to advanced technology. Is it any wonder why most teens now don't consider oral sex "sex" and think its safe? Good work Bubba.

Dead
04-14-2005, 05:21 PM
Oral sex is sex, of course.

But it's not sexual intercourse. And you can't get pregnant from doing it, so most teens consider it safer.

thatpfunk
04-14-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it any wonder why most teens now don't consider oral sex "sex" and think its safe? Good work Bubba.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thing Bush's abstinence programs are teaching girls to take it in the ass...

BCPVP
04-14-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just hate, on any issue, when someone does a politician does something wrong, 2/3 of their party flock to their side, excuse the action and point out how the other side did it. They fail to mention that when the other side did it first, they found 'it' to be unexcuseable.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. But the big uproar about DeLay seems artificial. And it's a bit hypocritical for the dem leaders who are pushing this to be doing so as they've done much the same things. I hate to play the "hypocrite card" but there's not much else you can say about it. If DeLay is guilty of ethical violations and is formally charged with such, fry em.

[ QUOTE ]
Not to mention the Clinton years... but I remember when they were going after Clinton for the Monica ugliness... one of the Republicans involved in the proceedings stepped down because he was having an affair, cheating on his wife. The other Republicans pleaded for him to stay. (I wish I could remember his name so that I could reference it.) It struck me that the guy stepping down showed some integrity... while his peers were showing their lack of principles and pure partisanship.

[/ QUOTE ]
Meh, my problem with the Lewinsky-Clinton scandal was that Clinton lied under oath. Do I really care whether the Prez gets a hummer every now and then? Not really (immoral though it is for him to be cheating). The lying about it is what I think hacked most Republicans off, and it seems like a strawman when Clinton-lovers claim that the reason Republicans didn't like it was because of the bj. Oh well.

[ QUOTE ]
It just makes everyone look like a bunch of donkeys.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Warchant88
04-14-2005, 05:28 PM
Hey, I'm sure you guys will be so excited that I am back! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Good to see Dead and jaxmike still at it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

FWIW, I don't like DeLay either.

thatpfunk
04-14-2005, 05:32 PM
Let's sort through these articles, thanks for providing them:

[ QUOTE ]
In addition, Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) paid her son, a lawyer, $130,000 over four years to run her political action committee, according to her campaign filings.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Rep. Pete Stark (D-Hayward) paid his wife, Deborah, $119,000 from his campaign fund over the last four years to serve as his campaign manager, records show.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Rep. Richard W. Pombo (R-Tracy). Pombo paid his wife and brother $357,325 from his political fund over the last four years for duties listed as bookkeeping, fundraising, consulting and other unspecified services, records show.

The amount paid to Pombo's family members in the last election cycle was more than his opponent spent on his entire campaign.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
DeLay, a Texas Republican, has defended the payments to his wife, Christine, and his daughter, Danielle DeLay Ferro, saying his family members provided valuable service to his campaign. They received $473,801 over the last two election cycles, records show.

His daughter has managed some of his recent congressional campaigns and has worked as a fundraiser for his political action committee, and his wife provides "strategic guidance" for the political action committee.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, I don't like any of it.

DeLay is getting scrutinized because he is giving more money for what looks like bullshit jobs. Boxer, on the other hand, is paying her son, a lawyer, ~30k a year... I hope a logical person can understand the difference in perception here.

Warchant88
04-14-2005, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is it any wonder why most teens now don't consider oral sex "sex" and think its safe? Good work Bubba.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thing Bush's abstinence programs are teaching girls to take it in the ass...

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't really happen. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif At least not at my school.

kurto
04-14-2005, 05:37 PM
"I hope a logical person can understand the difference in perception here." You won't get many responses from logical persons. lol

kurto
04-14-2005, 05:44 PM
I'm totally serious... do you guys get a little embarrassed to have jax a voice from your side? I notice there are a number of conservatives on this forum, though most don't seem as 'coultier-lite' as Jax.

I've also noticed very little support offered to Jax from his political peers.

I'm guessing he's the same as having some stoned guy wearing hemp clothes who hasn't bathed in a week yelling about saving the tree spirits being an active voice for the left. We kind of blush and hope no one notices.

kurto
04-14-2005, 05:46 PM
"Is it any wonder why most teens now don't consider oral sex "sex" and think its safe?"

Oral sex was known by everyone when I was a teen in the 80s. It was popular then. And people who came from schools with good sex ed classes were aware of the dangers.

If kids don't realize the dangers, they can blame the Conservatives who think its better to allow the youth to remain ignorant about sexual matters.

BCPVP
04-14-2005, 05:59 PM
more or less

At least Coulter is funny sometimes (for a page. after that, I can't stand her)

Dead
04-14-2005, 06:00 PM
I'd like to shove a cheeseburger down her anorexic throat.

kurto
04-14-2005, 06:06 PM
I can't read Coultier. But I like watching her. She seems so intense I find her interesting to watch.

Doesn't matter that I think she's an over-the-top lunatic (which I think is contrived... she's doing it to make money, I don't believe she believes half the stuff she writes. She wants to be inflammatory for its own sake)... she's just so good at 'being bad.'

Does that make any sense.

jaxmike
04-14-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

DeLay is getting scrutinized because he is giving more money for what looks like bullshit jobs. Boxer, on the other hand, is paying her son, a lawyer, ~30k a year... I hope a logical person can understand the difference in perception here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not saying its not worth scrutiny. I am saying that the attacks on DeLay are nonsense because MANY people do it. The numbers for DeLay are over the last two election cycles, thus the lump sum is significant due to years.

I conceed that there is a bad perception, but that doesn't mean that he, or any of them have necessarily done anything wrong.

Except in the Pellosi case, there was a fine there imposed for wrong doing.

jaxmike
04-14-2005, 06:17 PM
You can still get diseases from it. Lots of them.

kurto
04-14-2005, 06:18 PM
"I am saying that the attacks on DeLay are nonsense because MANY people do it."

MANY people beat there spouses. I guess going after someone for beating their wife would be nonsense. After all, so many people do it. FUN WITH JAX LOGIC.

kurto
04-14-2005, 06:20 PM
"You can still get diseases from it. Lots of them."

The real point... kids didn't have oral sex before Clinton and Lewinski. It sounds like Jax is just jealous.

BCPVP
04-14-2005, 06:21 PM
I agree with all of this. She is kinda funny to watch, but she's not as pretty as many people give her credit for. Malkin's better looking, imo. Both are equally crazy.

jaxmike
04-14-2005, 06:22 PM
Show me where its illegal you [censored] idiot.

You must really FEAR the TRUTH that I present to be so hell bent on CONSTANTLY attacking me. If you EVER presented a rational and accurate response instead of random incoherent attacks I would be quite impressed.

Show me where I support beating spouses.

Show me you are intelligent. [censored] you and your insults, you are a troll and an ignorant one at that.

I was going to take you off ignore, guess not. [censored] off.

Dead
04-14-2005, 06:30 PM
This is the post where JaxMike finally snapped.

jaxmike
04-14-2005, 06:34 PM
Haven't snapped. I just have this idiot constantly attacking me, but never showing me that I am wrong. Never proving me wrong. Never competently countering my arguments. Never doing anything productive. Never making any real point besides the fact that he either doesn't like me, or just likes making fun of me. At least you try to support your whacked out ideas and debate them. This clown can't even do that.

kurto
04-14-2005, 06:45 PM
Hey, clown. I thought you had me on ignore? Weird that you responded then.

Before you change the subject like you always do... why don't you just acknowledge your usual backwards idiotic logic.

ie- "" Because many people do something has NO bearing on whether or not they are nonsense. As I pointed out, if Delay beat his wife, using your idiotic logic, one could defend him by saying, "I am saying that the attacks on DeLay are nonsense because MANY people do it."

Now let's address your new fun posting.

"Show me where its illegal you [censored] idiot." Its cute that you have the little censored bar. It must irritate the child in you that you can't really curse here.

Where did I say it was illegal, moron? My comment didn't address whether it was illegal. It addressed your buffoonery by saying its okay because everyone else did it.

Frankly, I only know that the issue has been raised and its apparently, at the very least, an ethics concern. (something I doubt you understand) You arbitarily dismiss it as nonsense. That's typical of a partisan dolt like you.

"You must really FEAR the TRUTH that I present to be so hell bent on CONSTANTLY attacking me." LOL I really laughed out loud. You think anything on this message board is instilling FEAR in people? Its a message board, you clod.

Let me straighten something out for you... your politics is not the problem. You'll note that I'm not "hell bent" going after other people who disagree with me. I enjoy you because (this sounds Seinfeldian) you are so mockworthy.

You misuse basic logic, you makeup words, you make up meanings to real words, you have funny over the top inflammatory rhetoric... you're really unintentionally funny. I don't see any other Republican getting the treatment you do. Rather then look at others, maybe you should realize that it might be you.

People aren't here in FEAR of the TRUTH. The fact that you take yourself so seriously is why you're so fun to mock. You are a buffoon. A really, really funny buffoon.

"Show me where I support beating spouses." LOL Oh Jax's God, you did it again. You may be dumber then I gave you credit for. Once again, you've shown you lack basic comprehension skills.

DID ANYONE ELSE think I was saying Jax believed it was okay to beat their spouse? Was my meaning unclear to ANYONE besides Jax?

"Show me you are intelligent." I can't imagine you would recognize intelligence any more then you seem to pick up that you're a clown.

"you and your insults, you are a troll and an ignorant one at that." You sure made your case.

"I was going to take you off ignore, guess not." You didn't? How did you read me if I was on ignore?

I don't know if you've figured it out, I wasn't posting to you. I was making quips about your silliness. It was for others, not you.

Your responses are just the icing on the cake.

kurto
04-14-2005, 06:48 PM
"I just have this idiot constantly attacking me, but never showing me that I am wrong."

Right. Like when you said that Kerry outed Cheney's daughter. Then I proved how she was already outed by (1) herself over a 10 year career (2) Her father in his national campaign ads and (3) the subject had come up the week before.

Yet, like a fool, you still pretended that Kerry outed her.

I constantly prove you wrong or show the errors of your logic. You reply with insults and arbitrary denials.

That's why you're so fun.

jaxmike
04-15-2005, 10:13 AM
The funniest thing is that you think you are right.

You make know intelligent arguments. Just about everything you post is some sort of jibe at me.

I fully understand ethics. I think its hilarious that you would question whether I do. Thats just about the definition of irony.

You are the one that clearly has no concept of logic, yet you say I do. You are the one who misuses the meanings of words, yet you say I do. You take offense to me using a word that I coined, so be it. You call me a Republican, yet I am certainly not.

You use ignorant comparisons to attack my arguments. Such as the one about beating wives. You haven't once countered any of the points I made with anything comprehensable.

You are totally inept when it comes to debate.

You are a typical piece of [censored] liberal who cannot win on the issues, so you resort to name calling. Every piece of evidence from your posts supports this.

May God bless and keep thee, and may He have mercy on thy soul.

BCPVP
04-15-2005, 12:21 PM
Jax, if you care about Republican/conservative ideas, please tone it down. You're not helping, whether you believe that you are or not. It makes the rest of us look bad and reinforces a stereotype when you lash out at those who disagree. The assaults on peoples' intelligence, logic, and morals is getting tiring and gets neither you, nor any like-minded individuals anywhere. It would be nice if you debate civilly (regardless of how others behave) or just tone it down a lot.

I'm not trying to attack you, man. I just want to point out that you're not helping your case or ours. Please take that into consideration.

kurto
04-15-2005, 12:41 PM
"The funniest thing is that you think you are right." Oddly enough, you've done nothing to prove me wrong. As always, I respond line by line showing you your errors and buffoonery and you just arbitrarily state that I'm wrong.

"You make know intelligent arguments." I guess knot.

"Just about everything you post is some sort of jibe at me." Liar. Most everything I post is about poker. You're so melodramatic and self important.

"I fully understand ethics." I wouldn't bet that you fully know how to boil an egg, much less ethics.

"I think its hilarious that you would question whether I do." Another empty arbitrary response by you.

"You are the one that clearly has no concept of logic, yet you say I do." Yes... like the time I proved liberals were intolerant by mistating the actions of 2 people. I used the logical fallacy, if 2 liberals do something intolerant, then ALL liberals are intolerant.

That's like saying, 2 people named Mike are accountants. Therefore, all people named Mike are accountants.

That was sure illogical of me. Wait a second... that wasn't me. That was master logician Mike who did that. Ooops.

"You are the one who misuses the meanings of words, yet you say I do." Right, like the time I said "natural" didn't mean "happening in nature" and said "nature" meant heterosexual sex. Oh, wait... I forgot, that wasn't me. That was this moron named Jaxmike.

"You take offense to me using a word that I coined, so be it." Wrong again, buffoon. Your word choice is lacking. I was laughing at you for your being so inept, you had to make up words. I laughed harder when you said words you made up were just as valid as 'real' words. I don't want you for a second to think you've offended anyone. Your buffoonery is amusing, not offensive.

"You call me a Republican, yet I am certainly not." As I've stated, I don't really care what your political affiliation is... you would be an embarrassment to any party you suppported.

"You use ignorant comparisons to attack my arguments." Weird, another empty arbitrary response by Jax. As well documented as always. lol

"Such as the one about beating wives." Its sad (for you) that you're so dumb. If you were to take a logic class, you would find that substitution is a common way of demonstrating logical fallacies. ie.. the 'beating wives' analogy showed the flaws in you logical premise. The fact that you saw it and thought I was saying YOU ACTUALLY ENDORSED WIFE BEATING... may have been the dumbest thing I've seen you do. Though its hard to judge, you're so consistant in that area.

"You are totally inept when it comes to debate." Another arbitrary response. Notice how when I break apart your arguments, I actually address what you said and why its wrong... I give concrete examples about why you're inept. You just arbitrarily declare victory. Its charming.

"You are a typical piece of [censored] liberal who cannot win on the issues, so you resort to name calling. Every piece of evidence from your posts supports this." Weird... another biased generalization. Man... they censored your little potty mouth again. Does that infuriate you?

"so you resort to name calling" Its interesting that you call people names all the time, but act as if its wrong when others do it... why is that? Just more buffoonery?

"Every piece of evidence from your posts supports this" You sure built a strong argument. Once again the neocoms have bowed down because of their FEAR of the Truth.

"May God bless and keep thee, and may He have mercy on thy soul." Golly gee, thanks. If I thought you had a soul, I'd return the thought!

kurto
04-15-2005, 12:45 PM
Honestly... I don't think you have to worry about Jax dirtying the Conservative/Republican 'side'.

From the short time I've been here, I don't see anyone going to Jax for serious debate.

My tone when I'm really discussing a subject is quite different then when I'm playing with Jax.

I don't consider him a Republican. Just a goofy troll.

Disagree with you on issues or not... no one is putting you and Jax in the same boat.

BCPVP
04-15-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Disagree with you on issues or not... no one is putting you and Jax in the same boat.

[/ QUOTE ]
I worry that some here are incapable of this distinction, but I appreciate that you are not among them.

jaxmike
04-15-2005, 01:33 PM
Again, you provide no substance other than attacks.

You claim I have done nothing to prove you wrong, if this is true, its only because you haven't really said anything..

You claim I give arbitrary responses, yet that's just about all you do.

You are a waste of my time. If you ever want to debate something, fine, but I doubt that will be the case.

jaxmike
04-15-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jax, if you care about Republican/conservative ideas, please tone it down. You're not helping, whether you believe that you are or not. It makes the rest of us look bad and reinforces a stereotype when you lash out at those who disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that you have a point here. However, the TRUTH is that the lashing out is usually coming from the left. I don't think that I have INITIATED one attack on me by lashing out. I have responded to many however. Dead started insulting me a while back before I took it to a new level. This led him to report me for what he started. Then, you get these clowns starting threads bashing me and using just about every reply as a vehicle of assault on me. That's fine. I expect nothing less (or more) from that kind of person.

[ QUOTE ]
The assaults on peoples' intelligence, logic, and morals is getting tiring and gets neither you, nor any like-minded individuals anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably correct. I will try to refrain from pointing out the idiocy.

[ QUOTE ]
It would be nice if you debate civilly (regardless of how others behave) or just tone it down a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's fine. I, since my hiatus, HAVE toned it down. You have to admit this.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not trying to attack you, man. I just want to point out that you're not helping your case or ours. Please take that into consideration.

[/ QUOTE ]

Done.

kurto
04-15-2005, 03:02 PM
you're just a repetitive lying troll. Even people who might share your politics are asking to stop it... you're embarrassing them.

I noticed you said in your post to BCVP that you said you have toned down your act. If you've toned down to the repetitive braying you do now, I can't imagine what you were like before!?

On another note, your ignore feature must be broken. What is this, the 4th or 5th time you've posted to me since you started ignoring me? LOL Just more proof that you're a liar.